▪First Encounter▪

KASIMI

"H-hey!" You shriek angrily. Three boys stood over you, sneering and laughing. The big one in the middle was lifting your little brother by the collar.

"What? What's wrong?" Kajiki coos mockingly. You stare helplessly as your brother struggles against the big buffalo, literally kicking and screaming. The three males had you two cornered.

You made the mistake of taking a shortcut through Guns And Knives Avenue. You had just got back from A Scoop of Goodness. You bought a cup of Minty Melon for your younger brother--as well as a cone of Raspberry Rapture for yourself.

Your house was quite a long walk from the parlor so--against your better judgment--your little brother pleaded to take a shortcut through GAKA; and now, you both are regretting it.

BIG TIME.

"Let him go!" You shout, your ire rising. Clenching your fists, you glare at the three. But by the way they just snicker, you pressume you don't look very scary.

"Or what?" Kajiki cocks an eyebrow at you, his free hand placed on his hip. Your hand hesitantly reaches for the pocket knife hidden in your jeans.

You were from the more violent and rougher part of Viletown; learning self-defense was a given.
Besides, you're in GAKA territory; defending yourself with a simple pocket knife wouldn't get you in trouble.

But, you've never fought nor injured someone. That, and your parents always taught you to be kind--even when others aren't, especially if others are not; but right now, that advice is just a load of poppycock.

Besides, there's a possibility that these big buffoons might have a gun; and bringing a knife to a gunfight isn't the best idea.

Your brother throws you a pained glance, whimpering with tears prickling at the corner of his amber eyes. Your own eyes lock with his, and your resolve hardens.

'NO ONE messes with my little brother!' As you reach into your pocket--ignoring the shocked look on your brother's face--you stop, hesitating.

What if Kajiki was from Gunnin' Geckoes? If you (accidentally) hurt him, you'd have to face the whole Gecko gang; and they are NOT merciful.

No matter how silly their name sounds.

"Oi! What's up with you, peasant?" Friend 1 and 2 sneer in almost creey sync. You glare at them, grinding your teeth.
Sure you aren't rich, but they have absolutely no right to call you that!

You open your mouth, about to give them a piece of your mind. But another voice beats you to it.

"KIDS UNDER 12, CLOSE YOUR EARS AND EYES!"

The voice orders, loud and commanding. B/N covered his ears and shut his eyes--as he was 10. You--and your tormentors--were 13.

Suddenly, a round of bullets flies past you. Kajiki's eyes widen with fear, instantly letting go of your brother.

"C'mon!" He screeches, running away with his tail tucked between his legs. Friend 1 and 2 follow suit, panic painted across their faces. Meanwhile, you hurriedly rush to your brother, hugging him tightly.

"Hands Up, Weapons Down! Try Something, You'll end up in the ground!"

The voice shouts again, their voice coming out like a dark growl. You shudder.

You know that phrase; it's often and only used by high-ranking officers.
Whenever a cop announces this phrase, it's a warning; comply and stay uninjured, or don't and get shot.

Of course, when a cop says these words, they won't be held responsible for any bullets they shoot at you. But, only certain officers are allowed to say this.

You hear footsteps echoing, coming closer and closer. Fearfully, you and B/N look up to the approaching figure. You blink, squinting your eyes. The person was a tall male, with spiky raven-black hair. He stops in front of you, silently staring.

"Are you two alright?" He asks finally, his voice monotone. You nod, slightly dazed. B/N, on the other hand, gazes at the ravenette adoringly.

"Awesome!" He exclaims, abruptly standing up and leaning into the taller male's personal space. The guy flinches, taken aback. You notice that he takes a step back, uncomfortable with either your brother's close proximity or his energetic response; probably both, if your being honest.

You shake your head, and stand up. You gently grip your little brother's shoulder, pulling him away. You don't miss how the other boy quietly exhales nor how a little tension seemed to ease out of his stiff posture.

"Y-yes, we're fine. Thank you," you smile assuringly, nodding to the ravennete.

The male curtly nods back. He glances elsewhere for a moment, then reaches for something in his pocket.
At first, you assumed it was his gun; to which you immediately hug your sibling just a tad tighter.

But instead, he hands you a slightly crumpled piece of paper. If he's offended by your assumption, he doesn't show it. The male simply keeps his hand mid-air as a blank expression invade his face as he waits for you to take the offered item.

"T-thanks...?" You say, unsure how to react to the gesture. He nods one last time and struts away without another word.

You and B/N stare at his retreating back. Your brother still in awe. You shift your gaze to the paper in your hand. Your eyes widen in surprise.

🍦🍦🍨-----------------------------------🍨🍦🍦

A Scoop of Goodness

Buy 1 cup, Get 1 cone FREE!

Limited offer!

🍦🍦🍨----------------------------------------🍨🍦🍦