16

Savannah's POV

Laken and I have been back in town for a few weeks now, and I have yet to have another run in with Morgan.

I know I shouldn't avoid him, but I just need time to think about what I want, what would be the best for the two of us moving forward.

Laken and I have officially moved everything into our new office, and we are currently getting ready for a party we are throwing to get some music executives in the door.

"Is everything ready?" Laken asks, peeking her head into the bathroom.

I take one last look in the mirror, smoothing out my floor length navy dress, before turning to Laken and giving her a nod.

Half an hour later, our office was starting to fill up with people.

"We should split up" Laken states.

The two of us split up, before working the room.

I am deep in conversation when the door opens behind me. I turn to see Morgan and Hardy walking through the door. I look over at Laken who is giving me an apologetic look before she takes off towards the door.

Finishing up the conversation with the representative from a bigger label I was talking to, the two of us set a meeting for next week before splitting from each other.

I look over to see Laken, Morgan, and Hardy in conversation off to the side, so I take my chance and walk out the door, hoping to get a little bit of fresh air.

"How long are you planning on ignoring me?" I hear coming from behind me.

I turn around to see Morgan standing there, a black suit adorning his body.

"I'm not ignoring you; I told you to give me space" I tell him.

Morgan sighs, before walking closer to me.

"I've given two weeks of space honey, but it's time we talk about everything" he tells me. 

"Pushing me into having a conversation with you isn't going to get you the results you want, I can promise you that Morgan" I tell him.

"I just want to know where your head is right now" he pleads.

"Right now, my head is telling me to run, because this doesn't seem like the lifestyle, I want to be a part of" I tell him.

Morgan walks closer to me, placing his hand on my cheek. He tilts my head up to where the two of us are inches apart from each other.

"I can't live without you Savannah. I've done it in the past, and I don't want to do it again" he whispers.

I push him back slightly, before crossing my arms over my chest.

"I can't live without you either Morgan, but Jesus, I don't know if I can handle worrying about what you are doing every night when I'm not with you. Whether something happened or not, I don't know, and right now I don't want to know, because this is not the time or the place for this conversation" I tell him. 

"I promise we will talk at some point, soon. We have a lot to discuss regardless, but I need to get back to the party upstairs" I tell him.

I lay my hand on his arm, before walking back upstairs to the offices. As soon as she spots me, Laken walks quickly over to me.

"Are you okay?" Laken questions, pulling me to the side.

"I mean not really, but I need to work right now. My drama about my life can wait" I tell her.

Laken gives me a tight hug, before the two of us separate one again.

As the party starts to wind down, I look up from my water to see Morgan, Laken, and Hardy standing off to the side talking, Laken a pissed off look on her face.

"You don't look to happy to be at your own party" I hear coming from the other side of the table.

I look up to see Cole Swindell staring back at me, a smile on his face.

"Holy shit" I state. 

Morgan's POV

After the small argument with Savannah outside, I take a few minutes to myself, before walking back upstairs where the party is.

If I can't be with her, at least I can make sure she's okay.

"What happened?" Laken questions, walking towards me.

"She said we will talk about it eventually, whenever that may be" I tell her, running my hands through my hair.

"You will talk about it when she is ready, and only then. Savannah has enough going on; she doesn't need the stress from whatever is going on between you two added to it. You're lucky I haven't punched you for what you have already put her through, lord knows you deserve it" she tells me.

Laken looks over at her best friend, as Hardy walks towards us.

"Dude, you have some competition" Hardy states.

I look over in Savannah's direction to see her laughing, a true smile on her face.

"Who is that?" I question, trying to move to catch a glimpse of who it could be.

"That would be Cole Swindell, he's been eyeing her all night since he walked in" Laken states, giving me a smirk.

I feel a pang of jealousy roll through my body, something I shouldn't be feeling.

"I'm putting an end to this shit" I state.

I take one step in Savannah's direction, before being stopped with a hand on my arm.

"You are not doing anything. First of all, this is her job, she's going to talk to other men. Secondly, you're the one that most likely just cheated on her a few weeks ago, so you have no right at the moment to step in. Third, no matter what she loves you, she just has to wrap her head around everything. If she want's to talk to Cole, you will not stop her" Laken states.

"I can't lose her" I whisper, looking over at the two of them. 

"Have faith in her, and your relationship with her. She will come back to you when she's ready, just don't do anything until than to fuck it up" Laken tells me.