3

Savannah's POV

When we finally stepped back in our apartment, Laken, and I both walk in silent, not saying a word between us. We each make our way to our separate rooms to change, before sitting side by side on the couch.

"Did you have fun?" I ask Laken, watching as she attempts to find something on TV to occupy her mind.

"It was a blast, best night I've had in a while. Did your opinion of him change?" she asks, looking over at me.

I shrug my shoulders in response, "who knows, I guess we will just have to wait and see. I did have fun though, if that means anything to you" I tell her, before turning back to my phone.

"Of course, it does" Laken responds, giving me a small smile.

MC – Let me come by tonight, I want to see you again.

TO MC – Is that the best idea?

MC – Send me the address honey, I'll be there soon.

TO MC – Whatever you say.

I quickly send him my address, before putting my phone down on the coffee table, feeling those nerves coursing through my body again. 

I look over at Laken, who looks like she could fall asleep soon, before looking around our apartment. Thankfully, Laken and I are both neat freaks, so there isn't any cleaning that needs to be done.

"I think I'm going to head to bed" Laken tells me, standing up from her spot on the couch.

"Sleep tight Lake" I respond, watching as she gives me a nod and makes her way back to her room, closing the door softly.

I sit back against the couch, attempting to focus on the movie on the screen, and not the thought of the man whose making his way over here.

15 minutes later, my phone buzzed on the table.

MC – Hey. I just parked in the guest spot in front of the building, heading up now.

TO MC – Elevator code is 0513, don't knock on the door. Laken just went to sleep.

MC – I'm walking off the elevator now. 

I take a deep breath, before making my way over to the door.

Quietly opening it, I see Morgan standing in front of the door, his hands shoved in the pockets of his sweats and a smile on his face.

"Hey Sassy" Morgan says to me.

"Hey Cole" I respond, watching as his face scrunches up. 

Whenever we would argue, or he would genuinely piss me off, I would call him Cole knowing that it got on his nerves. I was also the only person who could get away with it as well.

"Follow me" I tell him.

I usher him inside, closing and locking the door behind him.

Walking towards my room, I hear his tennis shoes walking quietly behind me. Walking into my room, I wait for him to walk inside, before closing the door quietly behind him.

"So, you had said you wanted to talk to me?" I ask, watching as he walks around my room, looking at everything.

Hearing my voice, Morgan turns towards me, leaning slightly against my dresser placed at the end of my bed.

"I miss you a lot Savannah, more than I thought was possible when I pulled out of that driveway. Ending things with you, has been one regret that I've been holding onto. I wish I could give you a reason, something more than just the fact that I thought it was best, but I can't. I can't tell you that I logically thought that through because I didn't. I've tried to move on, I've tried to completely forget about you all together, but I can't. In every person I've looked for you. Every show, I looked for you in the crowd, even if logically I knew you weren't going to be there, I still had hope that you would be." he tells me.

I sit down on my bed, taking in everything that he said, listening intently.

"You know, it was hard as hell moving over here without you. I spent months hoping that you would change your mind and turn back around, that you would find me on campus, but you didn't, so I gave up. Gave up hope that you were thinking about me where ever you were, that you were regretting everything you said, that you regretted leaving.  I threw myself into school, into my sorority, and drowned your memory away" I respond.

As soon as I get done talking, Morgan's moving to sit next to me on my bed.

"I shouldn't have just packed up and left like that, I should have talked to you about that. We had been through everything together, we had plans for our life, and I ruined that. I would do anything in my power to get another chance with you. Want me to give up music? I'd do it for you" he tells me.

I let out a small chuckle hearing him talk about giving up everything for me now, but he wouldn't even talk to me about this when we were younger.

"I'd rather you not give up your entire career just because of me. As for another chance, I don't know if that's the best idea. I'm still trying to get through this last year of school, I've got a lot going on, and so do you. Things aren't how they use to be" I tell him.

Morgan grabs my hand, brushing his thumb lightly over my knuckles.

"Can you at least think about it?" he asks.

I give him a nod, "I'll think about it" I tell him. 

"I'm not going anywhere no matter what, I've got you back now. Good luck getting rid of me, even if it's just a friendship" he tells me.

I give him a small smile in response, hoping and praying that his words are true. Hoping that I won't have to go through that same heartbreak I've already been through once. 

The two of us sit on my bed, catching up on all of the little things we have missed over the past four years.

Him catching me up on his music, the friends he's made, touring, all of it. Me telling him about school, some of the friends I've made.

The two of us spent hours just talking, laughing like we used to, I soaked in every moment of it, not knowing what was really going to happen in the future.