Chapter 6

MJ's pov
I quickly looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was only 8:49,I groaned.I opened the apartment door and walked out,dad followed me.Evan's dad,Mark,was the doorman in the morning.Evan is only,and usually the doorboy at night or in the afternoon."hey MJ,"he greeted me,"hey mr.Davis."i greeted him."who's this?"he asked,pointing at my dad."time to initiate the lie."I thought,"this is my brother Mikey,he's visiting me for the week."I lied."nice to meet you sir!"dad lied,holding out his hand."nice to meet you too Mikey."Mark said,shaking his hand."listen MJ,Evan's been failing science a bit.I would really appreciate it if you helped him a bit,he doesn't really like to study."he said,"I'll try my best sir."i said.

He smiled,"run along you two,or you'll be late for school.though,that's never a problem for you MJ."he said.I grinned,"bye mr.Davis,"i said."come on Mikey."i said to dad,we walked out of our apartment building."I can't believe that worked!"Dad cheered,"yeah,we got lucky."i said."you were so good at being nice and lying to Mark."he said,"ok first of all,I'm always nice to mr.Davis.second of all,I'm just really good at lying in general."i said."well,you still did a good job."he said with a smile,I raised an eyebrow in confusion.is he,proud of me for lying?