Chapter 2

MJ's pov
"MICHELLE JOANNA RILEY!GET OVER HERE THIS INSTANT!"i heard my dad yell,I flinched.the school must've called him,I didn't think he'd pick up this time.i gulped,I got up from my bed and walked out my room.i went to the living room and saw my dad angrily standing in the middle of the living room,"Michelle,care to explain why I got a call from the school?"he angrily asked me.i hated when he called me Michelle,"I didn't think you'd pick up this time."I admitted.he sighed angrily,"what happened?"he asked."I figured they'd tell you."I muttered as I crossed my arms,"watch your tone young lady!"he yelled.i flinched again,"fine,I'll tell you what happened."I said in an annoyed tone.

Flashback!

MJ's pov
"Alright MJ take it from top."Charles said.Charles was in charge of the talent show,he made me the first act of the show.i nodded,I began to tune my guitar.once it was tuned I cleared my throat,"I'm ready."i said to Charles.he nodded,"go for it MJ."he said.i began to play my guitar wildly,then I began to sing:

Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"
Birds singing in the sycamore tree
Dream a little dream of me

Say "Night-ie night" and kiss me
Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me
While I'm alone and blue as can be
Dream a little dream of me

I was going to sing more but suddenly water was thrown at the back of my head.i widened my eyes while Charles gasped,I slowly turned around and saw it was Sydney Hollister."whoops sorry."she said sarcastically,I clenched my hands into fists."MJ no!"Charles said,but it was too late:I punched Sydney in the nose.

End of Flashback

MJ's pov
After I finished telling my side of the story I stopped talking,dad didn't say a word."you are grounded for 2 weeks young lady."he said,I widened my eyes.i furrowed my eyebrows in anger,"UGH!"I stomped to my room and slammed the door shut.