Chapter 1

MJ's pov
The secretary at the principals office sighed the moment I entered the room,"miss Riley,I see this is becoming a repetitive thing."she said in a snarky tone.i rolled my eyes,"look let's just get down to the key points:I didn't do it,she started it,I know principal Wallace is busy,and you're not gonna call my dad cause he busy.so why don't you just let me go?"I said.she sighed,"fine."she wrote down something on a notepad.she tore the paper and handed it to me,"show this to the security guard so he knows why you're leaving."she said as I grabbed it.i didn't say anything,I grabbed my backpack and walked out of the office.i went to the bathroom,flushed the paper down the toilet,and opened the window.i then climbed down it and snuck away from school,I sighed.

I went all the way back to the apartment,"back home already miss?"the doorboy(Evan) said.i still didn't say anything as I walked inside."is everything ok MJ?"he asked,i sighed.I turned around and looked at him,"the usual,got in trouble again."I said."for what?"he asked curiously,"I'll tell you later Evan,I promise."I said.he blushed and nodded,I went in the elevator and pressed the button that went up to our floor.i knew dad wouldn't be back yet because he's always working,so I never see him.i went to my room and put my backpack down,I took off my shoes and grabbed my guitar.i laid down in bed and looked up at the ceiling as I began to strum my guitar,I've loved music ever since I was 5.i want music to be my career because,I don't want want to end up like my dad.i want to be a musician,not a workaholic.