Chapter 3

"...we're going to finish what you started three years ago."

Danaë shivered, remembering that night, those stolen moments in the breakfast salon, and the things she'd witnessed in the gloom.

He pressed against her, gliding his lips over the delicate skin of her ear, "Did you like what you saw, Princess?"

"N-no!" she breathed.

"Liar." Danaë felt his lips curve into a smile, "You went to your virgin bed frustrated and wet that night, didn't you?" His hand released her wrists, and slowly, he began easing the bodice of her nightgown off of her shoulders. "Did you touch yourself?"

Danaë trembled as his teeth made little love bites down her neck.

He paused, returning his lips to her ear. "Did you think I didn't know?"

She gasped as the linen garment, her last shred of modesty, slipped down her arms.

"Know what?"

With a jerk, he sent the nightgown sliding down her body, forming a soft, white pool at her feet.

"That you wished you were the one under me."

His wicked, adventurous hands explored the exquisite softness of her skin.

"I didn't-"

Fingers trailed down the curves of her abdomen as he tutted in her ear. "We really need to do something about this habit you have of lying to me."

"I'm not-" Danaë cut off with a cry.

Cenric cupped the soft mound of her sex, gliding the pad of his middle finger along the separation of her folds, collecting the moisture there.

"Then why are you so wet for me now?"

"I-" Danaë began, before Cenric dipped his finger inside of her, causing her to clench at the shock of pleasure.

Finding the sensitive bead that ached for his attention, Cenric began a slow, torturous circling that had her unconsciously spreading her legs wider.

"Yes, Princess, just like that – open up for me."

His words broke through her growing, hazy need. "Please, don't..."

Cenric's fingers ramped up their teasing, and he bit her lip.

She gasped, and he captured her mouth again, tasting her thoroughly.

He broke away, staring into her helpless eyes, "A deal then; I'll leave, and we will never discuss tonight ever again – if..."

"If what?" she whispered.

"If you look me in the eyes and tell me you don't want this."

Danaë opened her mouth, willing her tongue to form the words.

But they wouldn't come.

She couldn't say it.

Cenric recognized her defeat. Smirking, he said, "Then, we continue."

Removing his hand from between her thighs, he brought his fingers up to his lips and licked them one by one.

Danaë quivered, breathless and frightened.

His smirk disappeared, and he gripped her hair.

"Get on your knees."

She whimpered but obeyed. Her knees hit the floor, cushioned by her discarded nightgown, and she faced the laces of his pants.

"Untie them."

Slowly, hesitatingly, Danaë reached her hands up, feeling the heat beneath her fingers as she worked.