Epilogue

I can't believe this is the final chapter! I thank everyone who read this book. Shoutout of Funnybunnyeyes for all the support, comments and votes. You are fantastic.
Anyways, it's time to draw the curtains to Faded! Enjoy!

Adrien's POV
Mari's been in the hospital for a week now and many things have changed. I broke up with Lila, obviously, for almost destroying Marintte's life. Alya had cried her eyes out when she heard Marinette was in the hospital.

Chloe has become the temporary holder of Ladybug's miraculous. But that bothers me a little. What happened to Ladybug.

Apparently, Nino discovered about Lila's lies a long time ago. He said that he did some research and discovered that Lila was lying.

The rest of my class didn't seem to care that Mari was hospitalized. They were even happy because they heard that she tried to kill Lila.

My thoughts were interrupted by Vincent.

"C'mon, Adrien! Eat da spaghetti!"

I flashed him a weak smile but it seemed that it didn't do anything.

"Give me hunger! Hunger Adrien!"

I was about to smile again until I received a call from the hospital. Uh oh.

"Sorry, but I have to take this," I told him. "Hello!"

"Hello, Mr. Agreste, we would like you to come to the hospital right now," the nurse on the line

"Wha happened? Is anything wrong?"

"It seems like Marinette's condition has gone worse and her chances of survival is slim."

No no no no no!

I end the call immediately and tell Nathalie I have to go.

"What? You can't leave now.  Not with the performance you are putting up," she said coldly

"Nathlie please! One of my friends is in the hospital and she's dying right now! I need to see her!" I said almost crying

She kept silent for a while. "Fine you may go," she said. "But I'll have to reschedule your photoshoot and cut out of your free-"

I don't even wait for her to finish before I jolted out of the park.  When k was sure no one could see me, I yelled, "Plagg, Claws out!"

Now as Chat Noir I hopped from building to building until I got to an alley near the hospital. I detransformed and ran all the way to Mari's room. I burst open the door and I see Chloe, Alya, Nino and Marinette's parents in tears.

"How's Mari doing?" I ask

"Bad," Alya answered. "And it's all my fault! I was a terrible friend! I never should have..."

We got interrupted by the beeping of the machine behind Marinette

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

No it can't be that...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepppp.

Sabine fell to the ground  as she cried her life out.

Alya wanted to run crazy as she screamed and held Nino.

Chloe had a stream of tears running down her cheeks.

And I couldn't believe it. Mari was gone.

My princess was dead

I ran up to her and shook her.

"Speak to me Mari. Please," I choked out in tears

My princess is gone.

But as the nurses were about to cover up her body, I did the only thing I could possibly think of.

I jammed my lips with hers and kissed her as passionately as I could.

At first the kiss was cold, but slowly it started to regain warmth

Wait, could this mean that....?

Mari's eyes fluttered open as she looked at me in shock

"Adrien?" (You really thought I was going to let you suffer right?)

Everyone was in shock

Until Chloe regained her senses and screamed, "Mari is alive!"

Everyone exclaimed in joy as we all tried to hug her.

I couldn't help myself as I kissed her lips again.

Marinette deepened the kiss and things began to get heated until Alya had to separate us

"Thank you for coming guys, let's keep things PG," she smiled

Mari and I flushed red in embarrassment as we began to say sorry

Alya and began to apologise to Marinette until she said she forgave her

Then her parents spoke up

"Marinette honey, I'm deeply sorry that I wasn't a good mother. I should've know that you were going through a lot, and shunning you over the entire pregnancy thing wasn't the best idea. We tested you here and it was confirmed that you weren't pregnant. We were just worried about what the court would say?"

Mari nodded, but I was confused

"Ma'am, what court?"

Mari's parents became a little worried

"Umm.... Marinette, there's something we have to tell you," Tom started

"Go on....." she prompted

"The reason why we were crazy about the whole pregnancy stuff was because...."

"....you're the princess of China."