Chapter 24

Chloe's POV
I was eating a crossoiant from Mari's family bakery. I would never admit it to her, but her pastries were delicious.

Suddenly, I had a bad feeling in my gut. I don't know why, but it was centered around Mari.

"What's the problem, Clarinet?" mom asked.

"Nothing, mom. I just need to get something from a friend's house," I replied

My mother just shrugged as I grabbed my purse and left the hotel. I ran all the way to Mari's house and was about to go into the bakery when I met a horrible sight.

Marinette was towering over her parents who were kneeling in fear.

But Marinette wasn't Marinette anymore.

This Marinette has blood red eyes and long dark blue hair. She was wearing a long gown and was holding a staff. On her neck, there were some beads like a necklace.

Oh no. Marinette, Ladybug, guardian of the miraculous was akumatised.

"I'm so sorry my darling," her mom said, tears rolling down her cheeks. "We just thought of the worst. The pregnancy test, and all. We didn't mean to..."

"Quiet!" Marinette yelled, her eyes turning into an ominous shade of red. "You chose a liar over your daughter who you've known for over fifteen years. You shall pay dearly for your actions!" And with that, she used her staff to turn her parents into stone. She then walked jumped away through the window.

I immediately ran  into the scattered bakery. I climbed up the stairs into the main house, but when I got to where her room was, the door was locked. After a lot of willpower from a girl who could barely paint her nails without assistance, I managed to break open the door.

When I got in, I saw all the kwamis crying.

"What's going on?" I asked. "Why is Marinette akumatised?"

I then saw Tikki, who had tears down her cheeks. She told me everything that happened.

"But wait, if she got akumatised, that means she would have taken you. Why are you still here?" I questioned further.

"When a present or past Ladybug miraculous holder gets akumatised without being transformed, I can temporarily erase their memories about the miraculous to keep it safe," Tikki said.

"Good," I sigh.

"It's not that good. My fear is that when you de-akumatise her, she could die"

"Wait, how?" I asked, shocked.

"Before she got akumatised, she poisoned herself. The akumatisation is holding off the effects of the poison. The only way to be safe is if she is close to a hospital after capturing the akuma," Tikki finished

"So what do we do? We can't sit here and do nothing, you know," I said.

"Well there is one possible solution," Sass said, looking at me

"And that is...." I pressed on

"Chloe, how would you like to know what it feels like to be Ladybug?" Tikki asked

"WHAT?!" I scream

"We need someone to save Marinette from causing havoc in Paris. After all, she said in her note that she wanted you to be he next Ladybug," Wayzz said.

"I don't know how I can possibly be...." I stop when I remember the times I used to cosplay being Ladybug. Was I really going to pass up this chance? Marinette needs me. Heck, Paris needs me. I can't just stay here and do nothing.

I sigh heavily. "I'll do it," I said, causing a cheer from the kwamis.

"Alright, so what do we do?" I ask as I put on the earrings.

Tikki began to lecture me on what to do as Ladybug.

"...and because we don't have time, you'll have to read the rest in the manual in your bug-phone," she finished

"Thanks," I tell her. I'm coming to save you Mari. "Let's do this! Tikki, Spots on!"

Two parts in the past 24 hours!

Hey guys! Antho here! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

How would the battle go? Would ShadowMoth win? Would Chloe win? Would Mari survive???

The only way to find out is to read

Don't forget to drop a comment and vote.

And remember: Keep shining, keep smiling! 😁

~Antho 🖤