Chapter 30

It was close to midnight when Izuku started to patrol the city.

He had had no choice but to go back to his apartment after leaving Eijiro and his friends at the pub. He couldn't be a vigilante without his costume and gadgets, after all. Plus, Hatsume had made him another tracker that he had to inject into Doragon. The first one had been defective since it hadn't indicated Doragon's position even though the villain had been right in front of him.

It was weird, Izuku thought. It had been a while since Hatsume had given him a creation that didn't work. There usually wasn't any problem now that the beta didn't explode everything she made.

Brushing his thoughts aside, Izuku instead focused on what he was doing. His radio wasn't alerting him about any incident so the omega took the time to patrol the streets, searching for a civil to help or a villain to arrest. But the night was calm and except for helping a kid to find his dog, there wasn't much to do...

Until his radio finally spurted on: "Doragon spotted in zone 5! Backup needed!" Someone's voice resonated in the silence of the night, the mention of Doragon immediately pushing Izuku to head to the location they had indicated. He wasn't too far away, thankfully, and quickly reached zone 5 with the help of his propulsive boots.

The sight of several houses on fire was the first thing his eyes landed on, red flames as tall as the sky illuminating the place. Izuku then noticed people fighting close to him, Doragon impossible to miss next to the two heroes struggling to keep up with the villain, Izuku easily recognising Neijire Chan and Chewyee.

Doragon wasn't using his swords today but only his flames and, even though Izuku found it strange, he had no time to think when he knew the villain would disappear as soon as more backup arrived. He needed to put his tracker inside Doragon quickly before it happened.

Counting on the two heroes as a distraction, he aimed the bullet-like tracker and then fired, almost missing his target but still managing to reach Doragon's shoulder. However, when he checked on the small tablet that came with the tracker, he could see not one but two different positions indicating where Doragon was.

Izuku frowned at the sight. That wasn't normal at all. The first position seemed to be the exact position, given the fact it indicated where he was seeing Doragon, but then, what did the second position a few miles away indicate? Was it the first tracker he had fired a few days ago and thought was defective?

But that didn't make any sense since Doragon was right in front of him...

A crazy hypothesis suddenly made its way inside Izuku's mind, the omega leaving the scene to head toward the second position. It was quite close since the tracker could only work in a perimeter of three miles. He soon arrived in front of what looked like an abandoned building, his heart racing inside his chest as he wondered what he should do.

He couldn't go inside alone, that was too risky. But he also couldn't wait here doing nothing, he had to make sure that what he thought really was the case...

Turned out he didn't have to make a choice as the door of the building opened, Izuku quickly hiding before a tall alpha with dark hair and dark eyes came out of the place, the person impossible to mistake for someone else:

Doragon.

Izuku couldn't believe it was true. He had had some doubts before: the fact that Doragon had a powerful quirk but suddenly used swords to fight, the scar on his face that appeared then disappeared depending on the day, and the difference in personality he often showed were enough clues for Izuku to understand something wasn't right.

But, now, the final proof was right before his eyes: there were two Doragon.

Moreover, the building he had just discovered surely was the villain's hideout. Izuku had to be extremely careful not to be seen or Doragon would know his hideout wasn't safe anymore. It was such an important strategic advantage to know where the villain was hiding. The only reason why Doragon hadn't been arrested yet was because he always disappeared before backup arrived, but he was no match against several heroes...