Chapter 12

Izuku was tired. He had stayed up late yesterday night to patrol in the city and had once again encountered Doragon.

He hadn't tried to fight him. No matter how useful Hatsume's creations were, Izuku still had no chance of victory against such a powerful villain, even less when the villain was a dominant alpha. However, he had managed to rescue the civilians who were on the scene and was proud of it. As long as he could save people, the rest didn't matter.

Then, when he finally got to bed, he was too busy thinking about Eijiro to sleep. 

He kept remembering how they had kissed and how good it had felt. He wanted to keep kissing Eijiro forever. He loved the way Eijiro explored his mouth with his tongue and how right his strong arms felt around his slim waist while they made out. It was addicting and simply mind-blowing. If simply kissing with Eijiro felt this good, Izuku wondered how amazing going further would be like...

The bell rang, finally indicating the end of school for the day. Izuku packed his bag and started to head toward the exit. The only thing he could think about was to go home and have a nap. However, as he was about to leave the school's grounds, someone suddenly grabbed his arm.

"Who the hell are you going out with?" Shinsou asked angrily.

The question took Izuku by surprise. "What?" Removing his arm from Shinsou's grip, he frowned as he wondered what Shinsou wanted. Why couldn't he just leave him alone?

"I saw you get on some stranger's motorbike two days ago. Who is it?" Shinsou repeated just as firmly. He had almost exploded when he had seen Izuku leave with some red-haired alpha. He didn't know who the fuck it was but there was no way he would let someone other than him have Izuku.

"None of your business." Izuku answered while starting to walk away but Shinsou's next words suddenly made him stop: "You're sleeping around, now?"

"I'm not! We're dating!" Izuku exclaimed in indignation. How dared Shinsou say that about him? He knew Izuku wasn't the type to sleep with people he wasn't dating, unlike other people.

"He only wants your ass anyway." Shinsou scoffed and Izuku finally had enough. "He doesn't! He's not like you!"

"The fuck you're saying!?"

"Don't act like you didn't date me only because you wanted to fuck me!" Izuku bursted out. Shinsou was one of the reasons why he was this wary of alphas. The only thing he had been interested in during their whole relationship had been sex and nothing else.

"I didn't!" Shinsou took offence. "I liked you, I still do!" He assured him but Izuku only laughed in response. "Yeah? Then, what is my favourite colour?"

"What?"

"Just answer."

"I don't know, green?" Shinsou said the first thing that came to his mind, his answer causing Izuku's heart to ache inside his chest. "See. You never tried to get to know me."

During the several months they had gone out together, Shinsou had never once taken Izuku on a date. The only thing he had been interested in was getting into Izuku's pants. He never even listened to what Izuku told him. He'd rather shut him up with a kiss and then try to take things further.

Shinsou was attracted to Izuku, that was for sure, but he didn't love him. He only liked the perfect omega that Izuku was.

"What? It's not green?" Shinsou asked when he saw the disappointment filling Izuku's emerald gaze. "It was purple, but not anymore." Izuku answered in a tired whisper, sadness lacing his voice, before turning around and starting to walk away from Shinsou. 

"Izuku!" 

"Leave me alone, you cheater!" He shouted when Shinsou tried to follow him. "I don't want to see you!"

Shinsou had hurt him too much. He had betrayed his trust and broken his heart into pieces. Only seeing him again was making his stomach clench painfully. It made him remember how much he had loved him but also how badly Shinsou had treated him. Izuku didn't want to see him anymore.

"Shit." It looked like Shinsou understood the message because he finally walked the other way, leaving Izuku alone with his mind full of hurtful memories of the past.

He wished he could forget about everything. He wished his first boyfriend hadn't been such an asshole, cheating on him and thus destroying the small amount of trust he still had in people. Why did all the people he loved have to abandon him? Was he just not good enough?

Containing his tears, Izuku did the only thing that could possibly make him feel better. He took his phone out and went to his contacts, then clicked on the call button. Three rings passed before someone answered on the other end of the phone:

"Yes?"

"I want to see you." Izuku told Eijiro. He needed to be comforted right now and knew that only being in Eijiro's reassuring presence could do that. He wanted to be in Eijiro's strong arms, surrounded by the soothing scent of bonfire.

"Now? Did something happen?" Eijiro immediately asked. He could tell something was up by the way Izuku's voice sounded so defeated and, when Izuku didn't answer his question at all, he was convinced that something had happened but that Izuku didn't want to talk about it.

Eijiro checked the hour before speaking again. "I'm finishing my patrol in an hour."

Unfortunately, he couldn't just abandon everything that he was doing right now to go see Izuku. What he could do, however, was to make sure Izuku was okay while he finished his patrol.

"Go to my place and wait for me, I'll text you the passcode." 

To be continued

Small chapter but next one will be better ;)