Chapter 3: I'm Not Ready for Goodbyes

Start from the beginning

"You okay there, kiddo?" I heard a voice I recognize asked above me and I looked up to see Carter and his buddies, John and Jonathan (who are identical twins). 

Instead of responding with words, I just send him my thumbs up causing him and the guys who chuckle again. I huffed and motion for Carter to help me stand. Thankfully, him being his kind self, helped me to stand up. I used ASL to say 'thank you' because if I speak now, I bet I would be coughing. Carter responded me back by signing 'you are welcome' with ASL too. I taught a few of the guys about ASL and BANZSL. It is a fun thing to learn about - at least that it is what some people thought.

All of a sudden, Jonathan picked me up into a piggy back ride - causing a giggle to rise up on my throat. I wrapped my arms on his neck but not too tightly. Fortunately, his neck is not beaded with sweat as he has wiped his sweat with a small, white, square-shaped towel which is now on his usual raven black gym bag. 

Jose cleared his throat - gaining the Dads' attention, "Who will volunteer to help me?"

Immediately I shot my hand up despite being in a piggy ride back, "Me! Me!" 

All of the Dads laughed at me at how 'cute' I am. I huffed and put my hand back to Jonathan's neck. I could feel him vibrating with laughter so I smack him softly on the head which somehow made him laugh more. I glared at Jonathan which causes him to stop and I thought that the glare worked but it didn't because instead of looking a bit scared, he looked amused. 

"Aw... Is my Ravy trying to glare?" He asked with a baby voice and I tightened my arms more on his neck. 

He know damn well not to mess with me. Soon, this gesture turned into a fight. Thankfully, Jose trained me well when it comes to self-defense. I ducked under a punch sending to my way. While I ducked I used my left leg to kick him. Jonathan is quick enough to jump. He tried to kick me on the left so I ducked and rolled to the right. Once again, he tried to kick me on the right so I rolled to the left. Then, I take his leg and did a corkscrew method. I kicked my legs up and wrapped it quickly on his thigh, then I used my hand to wrap it on his foot. After they are wrapped, I pushed my legs that are wrapped on his thigh. Immediately, Jonathan fell down flat on his back. He grunted and groaned in pain while whispering some colorful words that he thought I can't hear. 

"I can hear you, you know." Jonathan stopped whispering his colorful words and immediately faked a panic look. 

"Holy water. I need Holy water!" Jonathan said half jokingly out of the blue making all the Dads confused. 

Jose raised an eyebrow and asked, "Why?" 

"I need to cleanse her ears from the words she heard from m-" Before Jonathan could say anything further, John has smacked his head. 

John tsked at him and muttered, "Idiot." 

"Calm down, it's not the first time I heard those colorful words. The 15 and 17-year-olds at the orphanage curse a lot." I told them and they raised their eyebrows. 

John's eyebrows are light blonde, so it blends with his skin - making me have hard time to see his eyebrows. With that thought, I burst out laughing. I stopped laughing when I feel John poke me. 

"What's wrong with you? Did you drink any happy drink or anything sugary?" He asked as he scanned me. 

"N-no, it's just that you look like you don't have eyebrows." I said in between laughs. 

I clutched my stomach and take deep breathes to stop myself from laughing too hard. Unfortunately, John didn't take the joke too well because he ended up tickling me and I screeched for him to stop.