Chapter 3: I'm Not Ready for Goodbyes

--- Raven's POV ---

--- 2022, 15.59 p.m. ---

--- Room 219 3rd Floor ---

--- LIVINGSTONE Orphanage, New Jersey, USA ---

I'm right, the Italian Mafia really did adopt me and the twins. They have signed and paid for the adoption. As usual, the orphans that are going to get adopted is given 2 hours time (maximum) to talk and say goodbye to people. So, since I and the twins are those orphans, we have 2 hours to say goodbye to our loved ones. We just finished packing our things. My clothes, toiletries, hidden weapons, waterproof makeup, and shoes (that are packed inside shoeboxes) fit in 2 duffle bags. I placed the clothes and toiletries in the same duffle bag as the one hidden in the wall to keep the money I and the twins got. 

After that, it is time for stage 2 which is to visit and say goodbye to our loved ones. My first destination will be to the library because I have to resign, then to the American Diner because I also have to resign and lastly to the gym that I've been training at for 7 years. Let's just say that I am not ready to say goodbye to them because I know that I won't be able to see them so often since I wouldn't want to bring danger to them. I should say goodbye to the dads. The people who I met in the gym became very close with me and we bonded together. Eventually I called them 'The Dads'. Some people (like Carter, Morgan, Logan, Damian and Jack) are still single but they are already 24-26 years old and the rest (Elijah, Eli, Mac, Lucian, John, Jonathan, Charles, Charlie, Darius and of course, Jose) have their own family. 

I have told the twins about them and the twins met them 6 years ago. The twins are okay being around them because they get to have a guy talk. The twins are closest to Jonathan, Charlie, Elijah, Eli, Mac, Lucian and Darius while I am the closest to Jose, Charles, Morgan, Logan, Damian, John, Carter and Jack. Basically, we all are very close to each other. The oldest there is Jose who is turning 39 this year. This is the first birthday that I will ever miss out. Trust me, the Dads and those who has their own family and the one who are still single would celebrate in the gym together. Trust me the gym is not like something you preferred. It is wide open, there are some plants around which made it lively, there is a section where there are fake grass and everything is clean. After the Dads workout there with a lot of sweat, they will help clean the gym (voluntarily). So, the gym is always clean and there are no odd smells of sweat or any of that. I am going to miss those times. I bet Rocky and Rodney will also miss it. I smiled as a flashback etched up to my mind. 

--- FLASHBACK ---

--- 2018, 17.31 p.m. ---

--- RAVEN'S AGE: 10 ---

--- Raven's POV ---

--- THE GYM --- 

Sweat ran down my forehead and down to my neck before dripping to the dark blue mat that is placed below me. I am doing a 3-minute plank, which is the last workout of the day, with the other guys who I called the Dads. Since Jose is the owner of the gym, he takes the lead of our daily workout schedule. 

"3... 2... 1..." Jose counted backwards - showing the end of the plank session. 

I dropped to the ground and let out a huge puff of air. I wiped the sweat from my forehead with my right forearm. I heard the guys chuckle at my position because imagine me with a red face, sprawled on a dark blue mat with my mouth open to breathe and my gym sportswear soaked like as if I have just gone out in the rain. 

Adopted by the Italian MafiaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara