Chapter 19 - Unexpected

---------------

[A/N]

Hello! I'm back :)))))

Sorry for not being active for a while, a lot has happened in my life, but we're okay now 😍.

--------------

It has been a few days, or possibly a week. You didn't know, and you didn't care all that much. These last few days have been nothing but boringness for you. Standing around doing nothing while others are fighting sure didn't suit you.

You knew Chifuyu and Takemichi precisely said they didn't want you to be present in the upcoming fight, but you didn't want to listen to them with all due respect. You didn't want to stick around and do nothing. Just the thought of it made you sick. At least that's what you thought at first.

Unfortunately, you had no idea when this fight was going to go down.

You'd occasionally visit your mother. You hadn't seen Chifuyu nor Takemichi ever since your little fight. You knew the two had teamed up with Hanma and Kisaki, and the fact that they were your replacement really hurt you. But no matter how hurtful what they said was, you couldn't help but impatiently wait for the day that the three of you would talk it out. You couldn't wait for the day to be close to them again and apologize to Chifuyu for being so harsh with him.

You knew the both of them had a lot of things in their mind, and you couldn't blame them for that. You also knew they were hiding something from you, but you knew that if they hadn't told you, it was for a good reason, so you never bothered to ask them. You were pretty afraid of the answer yourself anyways.

Walking home alone never bothered you. You always found it peaceful. But for this once, you hadn't walked alone in so long. It made you feel almost sick. Your stomach would feel empty although you'd eaten. Your heart would ache even though you were perfectly healthy. And unlike many other feelings and emotions, this was one that you absolutely couldn't control.

Christmas eve it was. Time flew quickly, and just like you figured, it was another Christmas to spend alone. You've always hated holidays. All they did was remind you of how lonely you are. Christmas was never a fun day, at least ever since Yuki passed away. She loved winter. December was her favorite month, especially since she'd get double presents for Christmas and her birthday that landed the same month.

But now, with no father, no mother, and no sister, Christmas became the worst holiday. Your birthday wasn't too far behind.

Christmas felt incredibly lonely because it was a day that the entire world celebrated. Unlike your birthday, which you shared with a few other people in this world.

Christmas night and nothing to do; your mother's hospital doesn't take guests; your father's gone and hasn't even texted you for a merry Christmas message. The only option left was to visit your sister.

It was snowing; you wore a coat with sweatpants, a hoodie, and doc martens.

You walked down the joyful street, catching glimpses of people at their window smiling widely with their family at a Christmas dinner.

You stopped in your tracks when something caught your attention.

Your eyes grew wide, as you could've sworn they got watery.

A loving couple, with their two daughters, one seemed to be around eight and the other one around six years old. And for a split second, you could've sworn you saw yourself, your sister, and your parents instead of that family just now.

You let out a shaky breath as you realized your mind was merely playing tricks on you. You gently hit your head as tears ran down your cheek.

Your entire world crumbled. No one really knows, but the feeling of solitude is terrifying. It's painful. The thought of having no one is horrifying. No father; that can keep you physically active or help you with maths. No mother; that can hear about your gossip and give you girl tips. And no sister; that can annoy you when you're calm, that you can help with homework, that you can look after, that you could gossip with once your adults. No family and that family were your pillars, and just now, you'd realized that they'd all been shattered.

Her Yuyake 夕焼け [Chifuyu Matsuno x Reader]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें