Chapter-2: The Babysitter

Beam POV:

Saying I am nervous is an understatement, I am scared, the address which they gave was one of those high-end areas where the big rich family lived, and I know how cruel, greedy, and selfish, as my relatives. But I need money to live, I need to get this job somehow. I walked to the bus stop to catch a bus as I don't have a car, I sold my car for some money to save, I didn't have any parking for the car in the apartment either, it was better to sell it and keep the money than keep the car.

I got on the bus and took my headphones out to listen to some calming music before I reached.

after 10 min. I reached my destination, a 5 min walk from the stop I was in front of the Jutrapoom mansion.

I took a deep breath and rang the intercom at the gate. "hello, I am here for the interview for babysitting," I said to the intercom.

Suddenly the gate opens and I walked into the compound.

I reach the entrance of the mansion and someone opened the door "hello, please come in and make yourself comfortable, boss will be here in a minute." he said as I entered the living room.

I looked around the house and sat down on the sofa. This is even beyond rich. Who is this guy? I thought. My thoughts break when a guy in his late 20's comes downstairs and sits in front of me.

I stood and bowed "hello I am Beam. Here for the interview", I introduced myself.

"Hello, I am Forth, and I have a daughter, named Aria. Do you have any experience with kids?" he asked as we sat down.

"I don't have professional experience with kids, but I am good with them, and I did take care of my friend's siblings" I replied. A maid came and offered me water and drinks, I politely declined as I don't know if I can eat or drink anything. I feel like I might throw up, I am that nervous.

"Oh okay, that's alright. I need a caretaker urgently, hopefully, you don't mind if you can join immediately ", he said. "Can you get Aria?" he asked the maid.

"Okay, so I need you to come in the morning by 7 am and stay till 7 in the evenings, that's when I come back. You can have a vacation on Sunday," he said.

"But I have a part-time job in the morning till 9," I said as I am worried because I can't lose my job, tutoring is on Sunday so it's fine but my cafe job is on weekdays.

"Do you have to keep the job? If it's about the money then I will pay you more, don't worry about that. But I need you at 7. I go to the office at that time." As he said the maid came with a cute baby girl.

"Ah yes... Come here baby!" he said as he reached out for the baby.

"This is Aria, she is 1 year old. She doesn't throw tantrums or anything. She is a very calm kid. So you don't have to worry. " he said as he is holding the baby.

"Don't worry it's fine, I am sure she won't a trouble," I said looking at the baby.

"But I can't lose my job, I can't ask for more just for that... " I said while looking down at my hand. I didn't know what to do. I can't lose my job, I have to pay my rent too.

"I will pay - - - dollars per month. Is that enough?" he said calmly.

What! - - - dollars!! That's way too much!!

"What??! That's a lot!" Ii exclaimed!

"Well, I think that's going to be fine. I am taking your whole day. Hope that it's fine. "

He said calmly.

"But I can't take that, that too much," I said.

"Don't you want the money tho?" he asked smiling. Well, he is not wrong. I need the money.

"Ya.. but... Okay," I said after thinking for a while.

"Okay, it's fixed then. You can join tomorrow, please don't be late," he said as he carried Aria in his hand and stood up.

"Thank you for the offer. I will see you tomorrow. " I said as I stood up too.

He walked me to the door and we said our greetings as I left.

Well. I GOT A JOB!

Forth POV:

Aria's last nanny left the job due to a family problem which made her go back to her hometown. But now I am stuck here without anyone to take care of my daughter. Her mother... well she left when Aria was born and ran away with her boyfriend. I took a few days to take care of the baby, but I can't neglect my work too. Well, I asked my assistant to post ads and ask around for a babysitter.

Today a boy came for the job. He looked so young. He introduced himself as Beam. Beam looks like he is a college student, but for some reason, he agreed to a full-day job. I wanted to ask about it. But it's not my place to ask about his choices.

But he looked like a person who can take care of kids and was also kind so I hired him. Let's see how the day goes from tomorrow.

My mother has been nagging me to meet someone to date and get married. She keeps introducing me to her friend's daughters. Well, my last arranged marriage worked out great, now it seems that she wants me to do it again. Ugh. I know all these people are just there for the money that I make. This has been going on for a while now.

I don't want to get married just for the sake of it, I know all these people just want the money and won't take care of my daughter. I want to be with someone who takes care of my daughter and also genuinely wants to be with me. I want to fall in love.

But that has not been successful yet.

Till then I will work on my company, and take care of Aria on my own and give her the brightest future.

________________________________________________________________________

Heyyy!! Hope you enjoyed this part!!

ana early update on part 2!

What do you think of the story so far?

Do comment your opinion and also vote if you like the story!!

Hope you are having a great day!

Happy reading!

-Kee <3