⚠️ • | Chapter Fifty-Seven | • ⚠️

Start from the beginning

Javen suddenly laughed, shaking his head as he stood up next and was now the one towering above her. "Who are you talking to, Riley?"

"Who else is in the room?" She replied, glowering into his eyes. "There's no one here but me and you."

He smirked and licked his lips while stepping close to her and causing her to bump against the wall. "See, you just don't know when to quit. Every time I think the fire in you is extinguished, you remind me it's still there."

She grimaced at the abhorrent touch of his hands venturing along her backside. "Get off me." The sickening feeling of disgust and shame was beginning to surface.

"Come on. Just a little quickie." He smiled against the crook of her neck and her stomach twisted at the repulsive memories. She glanced over at the bathroom and saw the door had cracked open.

She could clearly see the anger sprawled across Michael's face and he started to step out the widening door. But she quickly yet subtly shook her head. As much as he wanted to ignore her, he kept his promise and backed up inside the bathroom. He turned away from the sight that pushed more anger through him than he thought possible.

Riley whimpered uncomfortably at the feel of his unwanted lips scraping her skin and she shoved him back before cowering over in the corner by the table. Javen's smirk faltered as his eyes laid upon the small bundle of roses. "Where did these come from?"

"A guy." She bluntly answered and he glared at her.

"What guy?"

"Just a guy."

"What random dude gives someone he doesn't know roses?"

"A nice one."

Javen formed a tight-lipped smile before blocking her in the corner, then pressing his fingers roughly into her bruised abdomen and she released a small cry of pain. "You want to keep playing this game, sweetie?"

She quickly shook her head.

"Who sent you these roses?" He asked in a demanding, low tone.

"M-my dad." She stuttered, exhaling in relief when he removed his hand.

"Are you lying to me?" He asked and she shook her head. "Okay, then let's take a look at the card."

The erratic thumping of her heart loudly echoed in her ears. She nervously swallowed and prayed silently that Michael didn't sign it. The only thing that wouldn't trigger Javen to go off the edge was a blank space under whatever he had written. She watched as he picked up the card and flipped it open, his eyebrows raised in amusement as another humorless chuckle left his lips.

He began reading aloud, emphasizing the words that clearly bothered him. "I'm sorry for your loss, baby girl. I'll always be here for you and whenever you need me, you know where to find me. I want you to know you're a lovely, sweet girl that deserves the best and nothing less. Much love, Applehead."

'Shit, fuck, dammit! Why, Michael?' She cursed inwardly, refusing to make eye contact.

"I'm pretty sure," he spoke after several seconds of silence and tossing the card carelessly back onto the table, "your dad isn't Applehead and they're not a girl like you've tried to convince me countless times. Now who. Is. Applehead?"

Her chest heaved almost irregularly as he leaned in close to her face and she bowed her head, refusing to speak.

"I'm sick of this little game you got going on, Riley." He sighed, suddenly pressing his hand over her mouth and digging the fingers of his free hand into her torso.