"Right, what can I get for you guys?" he says lower, clearly embarrassed. Lani rolls her eyes, tuning to Sam.

"Yeah I'll take-"

"Brandon, stop offering underaged girls alcohol!" the manager comes over, hands on her hips. Lani and I turn to each other, biting our lips to contain our laughter. Brandon flops his arms to his side, walking into the back.

"Can't do anything right," he groans before disappearing. The manager comes over, notepad in hand and a strained smile on her lips.

"I apologize ladies. What virgin style drinks can I get for you?" I clear my throat, leaning forward against the bar.

"I'll take a Shirley Temple," I smile. She nods, writing it down. The others order their drinks and sooner or later we get them. We find an unoccupied booth and take a seat.

For a while, I forget about the episode. It was nice to just relax in the midst of all these crazed individuals. About twenty minutes after we sit down, Sam, Jadyn, and Macy go dance.

"We're gonna find Camille and the Brady Bunch," Jadyn yells over the music. I crack up, waving them off. Lani and I stay talking, deep in a conversation about what I was offered at my interview.

"You're telling me you're going to be making 1,500 a week, and you're choosing to stay in a fraternity with girls like Macy, Sam, and Jadyn?" I shrug, swirling my straw around my cup.

"I just don't want to leave the comfort of it. I get the girls are like that but you're still here and it's not like I'm dropping my classes to become the assistant full time," I explain. She scoffs, leaning back against the chair.

"I would obviously come with you, Evelyn," she rolls her eyes. "Think about it, I've been saving enough to get our own apartment for two years and now we have the opportunity!" I frown, rubbing my face.

"I know, I know. But do we want that college life away from campus? I mean no more vending machines, no more ice machines or garbage shoots," I widen my eyes, trying to convince her. She tilts her head side to side.

"Yeah but we wouldn't have to squeeze past drunks and thugs trying to get to our room anymore," she shrugs, then jumps up quickly, turning to me. "Oh! And we wouldn't need a bright red door with 'balls' written on it." I put my face in my hands, laughing. She slaps my leg.

"You know I'm right," she giggles. I turn to her and shake my head.

"You're right, no more ball door," I shrug. We both lean on each other, cracking up. This was nice, a calm yet lively evening after good news.

As if nothing could ruin it, a group of men laughing and talking way too loudly makes our heads turn. A group of at least 8 men are walking towards the V.I.P section near the right of the club, lined off by a red, velvet rope and two large bodyguards. One of the men glances our way then does a double take. I turn, trying to ignore his look. Lani widens her eyes in his direction, smiling.

"Lani, don't you dar-"

"Evening beautiful ladies," I hear a deep voice at the end of the table. I turn to him, his cheesy smile and nice hair held up by a muscular body. He's hot, but his already cocky attitude is not giving me 'fuck me' vibes.

"You ladies want a drink?" he offers, turning back and forth to each of us. I hold up my drink, taking a sip from the straw. Lani pinches my leg, making me cough on the liquid.

"Lani," I hiss quietly. She smiles, holding up her drink.

"I would love a beer," she flirts. I roll my eyes then lean forward, a warm smile on my face.

"She's 20. Pack it up, chief." He widens his eyes slightly, almost shocked I said anything. Another man walks over, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Leave the girls alone, Micah," he pulls him back. He smiles and nods at us.

"Sorry ladies, he's a little wasted." Lani crosses her arms, leaning back.

"You're alright. Just keep your dog on a leash," she smirks. I lean my chin on my hand, gazing up at the two handsome men. It seemed odd to be speaking to them like this, but my mouth was already running and it'd be weird to stop now.

"Feel free to leave whenever it pleases you," Lani adds. The second man pulls Micah away, sending him off. The man leans forward on the table, looking straight at Lani.

"That mouth of yours is going to get you in trouble, darling," he says, a smirk on his face. I widen my eyes, sitting up and watching as Lanis' expression goes softer.

She's nervous? She never gets nervous.

I slide out of the booth, standing up straight. He turns to me, standing up straight as well.

Oh shit. He's tall.

Thank you mother and father for making me short. It totally came in handy right now, didn't it?

"She can say what she wants, princess. Nothing to get your panties in a bunch about," I stare up at him. He keeps a serious expression on his face before another smirk forms on his lips.

"You ladies want to join us in the V.I.P section? It'd be fun to have mouths like yours around the crowd I run with," he chuckles. I smile and lean up.

"No thanks," I shrug. Lani slides out of the booth, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Let's just go," she whispers, trying not to make eye contact with the man. He puts his hands up, surrendering.

"Didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, darling," he explains, putting his hand out for her to shake. "I'm Santiago." She gulps, keeping her hand to herself. He nods, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Have a good night ladies," he smiles, turning and leaving.

Dick.

I turn to Lani, rolling my eyes.
"Ready to g-"

"Yup," she replies, taking my hand and pulling me into the crowd. We go quickly, not worried about where the other girls are. They're no doubt grinding with their mystery boys and enjoying illegal activities. If I weren't about to have an episode, I'd care about their safety. But they left, and I'm on the edge of a second episode.

Once we get to the car, I bump into a hard chest. I don't even look up to apologize, I just push past him and keep close behind Lani. Once we're outside, I take a deep breath. Lani can see it in my face and she almost pushes me into the passenger seat. She doesn't get in, she just stands outside, letting me have a minute. I lean over, my elbows on the dashboard, trying to calm my pounding headache.

Why can't you leave me alone?