thirty three; dreaming of you

It was the first time in a long time Vee felt truly happy.

She'd finally gotten the boy. After a year and a half of drama, she was in a relationship with the guy she'd been crushing on for the longest time. Word spread fairly quickly, she knew Quinn was the one who spread the news because she was the only one who concretely knew. Everyone else could only guess with their hand-holding and increased time spent together.

Santana was surprisingly cool about it in front of Vee, but behind her back, she threatened Sam with a voodoo doll if he ever hurt her again. An angry (but supportive) Kurt voiced his annoyance of not being the first person to know about it, but Blaine (who was by his side during the confrontation) told her they were both ecstatic. Mercedes was very happy for them, she'd moved on from him and didn't feel anything towards him anymore, making it easy for her to support her best friend.

Tina and Mike weren't shocked in the slightest, stating that it was only a matter of time. Puck, though he wouldn't show it, was somewhat hurt over his and Vee's breakup, but still did support the two. He just insulted them to their faces, though. Sue of all people found out and said that the very thought of another pair of glee clubbers dating made her want to go to the wound clinic to cleanse the thought. Vee figured it was her way of saying they were cute. Everyone else either didn't know or shared the same reaction as Mercedes.

Sitting near the piano, Sam was attempting to teach her how to play after the last time resulted in a chase around the school. It was easy to say that she wasn't doing too well, and Santana held her head in her hands to try and block out the noise.

"This isn't going so well," she stated the obvious, not playing it anymore. Sam hesitantly nodded in agreement.

"Finally, silence," Tina smiled, unplugging her ears as Mike tried his best to hold in a laugh.

"It's not as easy as it looks," Vee said with a pout directed at Mike and Tina.

"If you think you're making playing the piano look easy, I think you're delusional," Santana spoke up, her head tilted up to give a look of disapproval at her.

Rolling her eyes, Vee felt a hand around her. Smiling at Sam, her sour mood and frustration were replaced with warmth. Ever since they got together, she couldn't stop the butterflies in her stomach from fluttering. "We could always try guitar," he suggested.

"Please don't. I don't need to see you two ruin music for me any more than I already do," Santana insulted once more, causing Mike to laugh. He covered it up with a cough once Vee glared at him, practically staring into his soul.

"Same here," Puck agreed, resting his legs on the seat in front of him. It was Blaine's usual seat, but he was absent due to his unfortunate injury. Vee visited him with Kurt once, where Kurt's annoyance about her and Sam's relationship was exposed.

"Let them be happy," Quinn defended. "Even if Vee clearly has some hearing issues we don't know about."

"I'm sorry, wasn't I the one who wrote you guys songs for all those show choir competitions?" Vee defended herself.

"Yeah, and we lost," Puck glared playfully at her.

"I'd like to see you write a good song, and don't say Big Ass Heart. Besides, we lost because Finn and Rachel were shoving their tongues down each other's throats," she retorted, shooting an apologetic look towards the couple for dragging them into it. They didn't really care, they got over their Nationals loss quite a while ago.

"Oh, like you weren't doing the exact same with Trouty Mouth in the hotel lobby," Santana said with a smirk, causing Vee to finally quiet down as she was too embarrassed.