forty two; lover

Vee wasn't ready to leave Lima.

She knew that when she packed her suitcase, unable to decide on what went and what stayed. She couldn't even finish doing it until the next day — she saw Jupiter and started crying.

The worst part of it all, however, was school.

As always, it wasn't pleasant with the conceited jocks, but it being the last week added to the discomfort. This was supposed to be good change. Leaving a place with no opportunities whatsoever for one of the fashion capitals should've been exciting for Vee, and the thought of that four years ago would've been, but it had all changed. She blamed it entirely on the glee club.

She used to be a loner, her only friend being Kurt, but now she had everything she had ever wanted from high school. A national championship, an actual boyfriend, friends who weren't pricks, and an acceptance letter to the college of her dreams.

The letter.

Possibly the biggest cause of her uneasiness. Sure, the glee club contributed to it, but that letter had caused her so much anxiety she couldn't sleep. It didn't help that Sam was being especially clingy because it was the last time they were together. He'd been quizzing her about colleges, and she had only said she was accepted into her safety school in New York. She felt so bad.

Regardless, the last week of school meant the last week of glee club meetings. Vee went to every single one, intending on saying goodbye to each and every member of the club. Even the ones she didn't know too well (looking at you Rory, Sugar, and Joe).

So there she was, performing Sit Down You're Rocking The Boat with the five other original glee club members, doing it all from memory. She had initially thought that she forgot the song and dance, blaming it on her horrible memory and overabundance of glee solos and performances (Tina scoffed at the comment). But Quinn and Mike forced her to join the rest, and after chants of support from the group, she gave in.

Their first ever glee rehearsal was, admittedly, a hot mess. Rachel stormed out (typical) because she was angry that Mr Schue gave the solo to Artie and the performance itself was not their best work. But it was a treasured memory. She would call it one of her favourites ever performed, with it being akin to masterpieces such as My Cup and Push It.

Once finishing the song, doing their iconic ending pose, the room started applauding and laughing at the number. The six originals gave each other high fives, laughing along with the crowd as Mr Schue entered the room wistfully.

"That was the most ghetto number I have ever seen," Santana cracked a smile.

"Then just call me George Jefferson, because we went from the ghetto to the penthouse. National champs, baby!" Artie cheered.

The mood of the room instantly changed to melancholy once seeing Mr Schue write 'goodbye' on the board, the six originals perched in their seats once more. Vee sat beside Tina in the front row, abandoning her old seat at the back.

"This week's assignment is easy," Mr Schue spoke from the whiteboard. "Graduation is just a few days away. There's nothing left to prepare for. Our work here is done, so there is only one thing left to do — say goodbye. Underclassmen, pick some songs to say goodbye to the seniors; seniors, pick a song to say goodbye to us."

"A part of me wants to lock these doors and stay in here with everyone forever," Mercedes stated softly.

"We can use the wastebasket for the toilet, and then we could eat Joe for the food, since she's been here the shortest, so we know her the least. And I'm sure Vee has more Oreos because she's a total hoarder," Brittany suggested, and Vee could at least give her a grin at the comment.