Part X Sixteen

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for the love I have received on this story, I know it's been a little while but I've brought you this. I was originally going to put the fight in this chapter but I figured I could make it it's own chapter. Sorry that it's a little short but I hope you enjoy it!!!

Ok on with the chapter~~~~~~

I didn't sleep that night. As a ninja, a high-ranking one at that, I am used to staying awake for days on end. That didn't mean I liked it. Every time I closed my eyes for more than five minutes, my brain reminded me that there were two dangerous unknowns across the room. I don't know if either man slept, but after a while, there was no more movement or noise.

By the time the sun rose, I had given up on the thoughts of sleep. Hopefully, the boys slept well.

I pushed myself into a sitting position and then off the bed completely. The room had a bathroom of its own, the door hidden in the corner. I haven't had a shower in much too long. Gitt-Illumi was lying stiff in his bed, but I couldn't tell if he was sleeping or not.

Hisoka made his home on the floor, where he leaned against the wall with his eyes shut.

The bathroom was small but It did have a shower. After spending five minutes trying to work the thing, I managed to get it to the correct temperature. I locked the door and reinforced it with Chakra. Don't want anyone to see me naked now, do we?

I peeked in the mirror at my maskless face. It's the first good look I've gotten at myself since the war.

The mirror was a bit fogged up, but with a swipe of my hand, there was a clear view of my face. Without the headband, my hair fell over my eyes. The scar over Obitos' eye cut through the center of my eyebrow and ended just before my jaw. When I smiled at myself, sharp canines protruded from my lips. Yet another weapon to my advantage.

I looked away when the mirror started to fog back up. No use in wasting hot water. I showered quickly, enjoying my short time under the warm spray. The floral scent of the shampoo burned my nose, but there wasn't anything I could do about it.

I grabbed a seal from the pack attached to my discarded pants. There was an extra set of clothes that were probably dirty but not as bad as the ones on the ground. It was just another copy of my everyday uniform. I'll have to go shopping for some new clothes soon.

Once I figure out how to get money, that is.

Steam was released across the ceiling when I opened the door. I noticed Hisoka sitting on Gitturakurs bed while tapping on a small device. The owner of said bed was slowly pushing the long needles back into his face, his appearance changing with every pin.

He no longer looked like Itachi, oh joy.

Soon, we were called from our rooms and ushered back towards the lobby.

When all of the remaining applicants appeared, Netero and Bean led us through more hallways and into an open room. There were giant columns holding up the ceiling and a large empty space in the middle. Against one wall, there was a large board covered with a sheet.

Netero stood in front of us and pointed to the board. "Those of you who did better throughout the stages will have more chances to win. Those who did worse will have less." The old man pulled the sheet down.

As we looked at the board, Killua brought up an important question. "So only one of us will become a Hunter?" Leorio murmured under his breath as the old man smiled. 

 "On the contrary, only one of you will not become a Hunter. With the exception of if one of you kills another contestant, neither you nor the person you kill will become a Hunter. When you fight, the winner will be taken off the board, and the loser will continue to fight until they either win or lose." He paused, "Any questions?"

"What were our scores?" Pokkle asked. I do wonder how we were scored in the first place, but I guess it's not my right to ask. 

 "That, my friend, is confidential. "

"How do you win if you can't kill anyone?" I needed to ask, it's not exactly how we do things back in Konoha. 

 "The only way to win is for your opponent to forfeit. If you knock them out, your match will continue until one of you concedes."

Doors from across the room opened, and ten men in black suits entered the room along with the previous examiners. Khara gave me a wave. It wasn't my intention to befriend any of the examiners, but it may work out in my favor.

"The matches will begin soon. These men and women will determine if there is any foul play." I recognized a few of their scents, one was the person following me in the forest. Hanzo pointed it out as well.

"You knew he was following you?" He nodded. 

"Of course. I wouldn't be a Ninja had I not been able to notice someone following me."

Yeah, you can't even stand against a ninja not using his Chakra. Granted I have a lot more training than him, but Genins could do better than that. I speak from experience.

@(・●・)@@(・●・)@^_^@(・●・)@@(・●・

—-936 words—-