Part X Fifteen

Uh oh.

How the hell does this old man know anything about that? Did I slip again? I know I told Hanzo my age by accident, but he wouldn't've had time to tell anyone about that, there wasn't even anyone to tell. "What do you mean? I'm Kakashi Hatake, and you're an old man. I'm sure you know where babies come from."

Netero lost his hostile aura, almost as if he was pleased with my answer. The old guy had to be some kind of Bipolar or something. "Well, I just figured you weren't from around here, seeing as you don't have an ounce of Nen in you, yet you're able to do incredible things that only Nen users should." 

There it is again, Nen? What the hell is Nen? Hisoka mentioned it, now Netero? "What is Nen anyway? This is the second time I've heard of it, and I still don't know what it is. " He smirked, senile old man. He reminds me of the Third Hokage way too much for my liking.

"Don't worry about it. It's not something of importance at the moment." Netero shooed me away with his hand like I wasn't of any importance to him. He really is Bipolar then. . . Almost like Naruto, when it comes to his friends, able to flip a switch in his mind, and his emotions do a complete one-eighty.

I rolled my eyes and stood up. It doesn't matter, Naruto is dead, and it's not like the old man can do anything even if he tries. I need to train anyway. Maybe when this exam is over, I'll find a nice place to settle down and work.

As I walk back into the sitting room, I can vaguely hear Bean asking for Hisoka. I wonder if the clown will tone down the hostility at all. Maybe he'd save it for the last round. If this exam is going to be anything like the Chunin exams or even the Jounin exams, then the last round is likely going to be one-on-one battles.

I took a seat next to Leorio, who was invested and over halfway through with my book. He nodded my way as we sat in silence. Kurapika and Hanzo were watching as Gon and Killua chased each other around. The guy with the pink hat- Pokkle- was getting up due to being called into the 'Interrogation Room.' Hisoka sat beside Gittarakur, who was also watching the two boys run around. The old man- Bodoro- was meditating. Not a bad idea, actually.

I slid from the soft chair and onto the floor, confusing Leorio a bit, and crossed my legs. Most people would assume that while meditating, you would clear your mind and focus on your breathing; well, they're wrong. When meditating, you want to relax, but not freeze, and focus on one thing. One thing that takes all of your emotions and calms them thoroughly, one thing that takes your nerves and crushes them in its' grasp. It could be anything: a person, a place, a memory, or even a phrase.

Had Sasuke been the one meditating, he might've focused on revenge. Had Sakura been meditating, she would've thought about her strength or healing. Now, I don't know what went on in Naruto's head when he meditated, maybe ramen, maybe Sasuke- who knows. When I meditated in the past, I would think about my students or my failures. Now, I'll have to find something different to ponder whilst meditating.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I can feel eyes watching me. It's very distracting. When I opened my eyes I looked around, noticing both Hisoka and Gittarackur had their eyes on me. I raised an eyebrow in question. Hisoka smirked, and Gittarackur looked away. They're both some of the most suspicious people I've ever met, and I've been around Orochimaru.

I just hope this will end soon and I can try to find a place to live because I'm obviously not going home anything soon.

Some hours later, when everyone had been asked their questions, Bean announced that it was time to get to our rooms. We would be paired up.

Gon and Killua. Leorio and Kurapika. Pokkle and Bodoro. And lastly, Hisoka and Gittarackur. That leaves me. (let's ignore the fact that I forgot about Hanzo. I needed the scene to work out.)