Death- Angst

Prompt- The aftermath of Dream's death
TW- Death, Suicide, Grief

--------------------------

George got a call from Sapnap. The call that would change his life forever. He booked the first flight to Florida.

"I'm sorry we had to meet this way" Was all George remembers at the airport when Sapnap came to pick him up. They went to the hospital to say their final goodbyes to Dream. He wasn't awake and was going to die any second. "I'm here Dream. I'm finally here. I love you" George cries holding onto his best friends hand. The line fell flat. He was gone.

Sapnap had to pull George out of the hospital. He took him back to the quiet house and calmed him down. They both cried for days straight. Having no concept of time. They slept in Dream's bed together.

Nothing matter to George anymore. He felt nothing and everything all at once. Dream. His best friend. The love of his life. The one who made him complete was gone. Gone forever. He never even got the chance to hear his voice in person.

Of course George had his other friends. They tried everything they could to support him. But George pushed them away. They knew he probably needed space so they gave it to him. He stayed with Sapnap. Never leaving Dream's room, only ever going out for food when his body was screaming at him.

One day Karl came in and sat on the bed. He gave George a hug but at this point he couldn't even cry. He just let Karl hug him as his arms stayed limp at his side.

Sapnap invited Karl over to help him get over the pain he felt. Dream and him had been childhood friends.

George felt terrible and selfish. He pushed everyone away when they tried so desperately to help him. Sapnap was in so much pain and yet he couldn't do anything to help him. All he could do was lie immobilised in bed.

Under one day he snapped.

Sapnap came home to find George.

He could never tear the image out of his head. He had seen both of his best friends lifeless bodies. Dream laying in a hospital bed, full of broken bones from the crash and George pale and bloody.

Karl ran over hearing Sapnap's scream. He pulled Sapnap into his chest to shield his view and called the ambulance. He knew there was no point in trying. It was obvious it was too late. The amount of blood and spilled pill bottle was enough proof alone.

Karl and Sapnap sat besides each other on the hill staring out at the stars in front of them. Sapnap had hardly spoke since the second incident. He was strong before. Because he knew he had to be for George. But it wasn't enough. He could see how much pain George was in and he couldn't do anything.

"Maybe it's time you finally read the letter?" Karl says pulling them out of his coat pocket. He had carried them for weeks after George died. The entire Dreamsmp was silent on all socials. He hadn't looked but he was sure the fans was all in a crazy panic.

Sapnap nods wiping his teary face. He takes the first letter.

The hand writing was horrible. Shaky, very unlike George. He usually had very neat hand writing. This fact alone stung Sapnap's heart.

Dear Sapnap,
I'm so sorry. I had to do it. I can't think of another way out. All these thoughts are too much. This feeling is unbearable. I'm nothing without him. I was struggling before I met you both and you guys gave me life and hope. You know I'm shit with words. I wish I could tell you how much you mean to me. I owe you everything. Thank you so much Sap. I love you so much brother... Even writing I can't find the words to say what I'm thinking... Just please don't forget about me but move on. Your the strongest person I know and I know you can get through this. Unfortunately, I can't and trust me there was no saving me. I just want to be gone. I want to be together again. The three of us. I want to take it all back.