Chapter 6: Contract

Depuis le début

He looks like a real... Boss right now. The one you should be scared off.

His eyes are cold, and his smirk from earlier is gone, replaced with a frustrated expression.

Did I make him angry? Why is he angry? I should be the one who is angry! I don't want him to know about my past and I don't want to know his!

That was a lie; I want to know more about him. I want to know why he react the way he does... but right now he doesn't need to know about me that well...

"That's none of your business" I say coldly.

He stares at me and I stare back.

He can't command things, even if he's more powerful than me.

"Well, that's right, it isn't my business but I think I know something you need to know" he starts.

I look at him curious.

"You're uncle's company, isn't his"

"What?" I say.

"You heard me, it isn't his."

"To who then?"

"The company belongs to your parents"

My mount flies open.

I can't believe him. No, it isn't true.

"No, it belongs to my uncle; my parents never had a company"

"That's what he wants people to believe... your parents died 13 years ago, I'm I right?"

I stare at him, not wanting to answer him.

"I ASKED SOMETHING, EMILY!" he yells, but I look down.

I hate it when people yell at me; it makes me feel like I'm trash...

I look up at him, fighting the tears. "Where are we getting, Mr. El Ricci?" I ask and his jaw tense.

"What I want to say is that the company belongs to you"

"That can't be true! Why didn't they tell me?"

"I don't know that, but I can find out if you want" he says.

I think about it a while.

Do I want to know?

"What if I don't want that?" I say, challenging him a little.

He leans forward, our eyes only a few inches apart.

"I think you want to know..." he smirks "Because the accident with your parents wasn't an accident..."

I gasp. How does he know about the accident? Nobody knows what happened 13 years ago and I want that to stay.

When my parents died, it change me... I wasn't the old Emily, no... I became different...

"How did you-"

"-I have my sources but that doesn't matter right now! Someone planned the accident" he says, giving me the hard stare.

I look him in the eyes, his eyes are cold and dark... and I just can't hold it anymore, the tears come and come and come....

His hand goes to my cheek and he wipes away the tears that just keep rolling down my face.

"I can help finding the one who killed them" he says, calmly. His eyes soften.

"You... you can?" I say, my voice cracking.

He nods and sits back down on his chair.

"What do you want in return?" I ask, aware that he would ask sax or anything.