Chapter Forty Six

En başından başla

Sometimes we forget that we like certain things or people because of what they are on the surface level, not what they make us feel—what's underneath.

In the beginning, it happened to me with Xavier. The idea of him was so appealing that I was constantly searching for ways to get closer to him because he fascinated me with the way he looked. Sounds superficial and shallow but it's the truth. But after I got to know him, I fell so hard that I never want to get back up again.

We often fall for people who we think are hot. We only care for their appearances. There's nothing wrong with that but it soon becomes fruitless. We turn a blind eye to their bad side and good side because we don't want anything to come in-between and taint their perfect image but inside every person, there's an angel and a devil.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Back to Blair.

Nolee is right, Blair could be falling for the idea of Hudson because, in all honesty, she might be into the idea that she can change his player ways and that is an addictive, dangerous thought process. But as her best friend, I genuinely know that Blair likes Hudson a lot. She's just heartbroken after what he's done. And since she's never been in a situation like this before, she doesn't know what to do.

"Whatever you choose to do, we'll have your back, Blair." I embrace her in a warm hug.

Nolee jumps into our snuggle and we reassure our bestie that she's loved and cared for.

"I love you guys." Blair whispers.

I hope tonight is good for her. She deserves it and she looks like a nineties supermodel in her mini black dress with cut-outs down one side. She made it herself and I can't wait for this girl to be a famous fashion designer. She's got a pretty little smart head on her.

"Are you done?" We hear Zack once again call out from outside her bedroom door.

"Done planning your murder? Then yeah." Nolee responds back.

"We both know you can't do that, Rumi, you love me too much. And who's gonna give you earth-shattering orgasms if I'm dead?"

Nolee blushes and glares at her door.

"Me!"

Blair and I laugh at their interactions. They're like a married couple. It's adorable.

Zack wholeheartedly laughs, walking away.

After that, we finish getting ready. With me putting on my mascara, Blair putting on her heels, and Nolee brushing her hair. That girl needs to model, her features are out of this world. So does Blair, her body is a freaking blessing.

My girls look so good tonight. I want to stand at the top of the world's tallest mountain and shout at the top of my girls how lucky I am to have them as my best friends.

Sometimes I get sad about the future because what if when we go our separate ways to live our own lives, we grow apart?

But I know that would never happen, we have a bond that nothing can break.

And being a trio of best friends, nobody gets left out. We never let that happen.

"Whoa." Zack's jaw is on the floor when Nolee steps out of her bedroom.

His hazel eyes rake down her body with heat and I don't blame him, Nolee looks unbelievably hot. Her dress is a subtle halter mini body-hugging black dress but her body is of a goddess—perfectly hourglass.

The boys are sprawled across our sofa, bored but the moment they lay eyes on us, it's like a fire is ignited.

Xavier looks bewitched.

I don't like when men leer at my body but the way Xavier is, makes me want to strip and fuck him on that couch. His gaze makes me feel...beautiful.

"Fuck." He whispers before finally locking eyes with me.

My blushing cheeks morph the heat in his eyes into adoration and he's standing up and walking closer to me.

"You look so beautiful," Xavier whispers into my ear before biting it teasingly, "And fuckable."

Lust swirls in my tummy and I grab onto his t-shirt to tug him closer until our bodies are mashed together. He looks so dangerously hot with his bedraggled hair, his stormy eyes clouded with feverish hunger, and temptatious plump lips.

"I love you." I whisper against his lips and the boy doesn't waste another minute to crash to lips on mine.

When I break the kiss, Xavier smiles at me.

"Why do we look like we're going to a funeral?" Hudson asks, amused.

"We are," Blair runs her fingers through her hair, eyes locking to Hudson, "Yours."

Hudson grins, rolling his eyes.

"Haha."