Chapter 51

22 October 2018

The alarm on Hoseok's phone woke him up.

He stretched out as he yawned loudly. His body clock was still following Paris' time, so 4 p.m. Korean time is acceptable for him to be awake. That would be 8 a.m. in Paris. He looked at Jimin. Jimin would probably be sleeping much longer. Their flight reached the airport at sunset and all he and the rest of his band members were thinking of sleeping when they exited the airplane.

Hoseok wiped his face and massaged his cheeks with his eyes closed. After he was done with his wake-up routine, he went to the bathroom and cleaned up. They only had that day off before working again and he had a date with Sunhee in a couple of hours. He missed her a lot and he couldn't wait to get to her. Phone and video calls served their purposes but that can't beat seeing her face to face and having her right in his arms.

Hoseok was humming happily in front of the mirror as he combed his hair. He looked at the bag next to his bed. It was filled with the things he got for Sunhee. He bought things that reminded him of her and before he knew it, he managed to fill a bag at the end of the trip just for her. He knew she was going to protest but he'll think of a way to persuade her to accept it.

Hoseok went out of his bedroom for a light snack when he saw Namjoon in the living room reading his book.

"How long have you been up?" asked Hoseok as he put the bag next to the sofa.

"A couple of hours. I already slept on the flight and I don't think I could sleep much longer," said Namjoon as he sipped his coffee. "Going out for your date?" asked Namjoon as he looked at Hoseok.

"Of course," answered Hoseok as he went to the kitchen. "You got a date too?" joked Hoseok.

"In a while," replied Namjoon.

Hoseok stopped in mid-stride and looked at his friend in surprise. "Namjoon-ah, you got a date in a while? I didn't even know you're seeing someone."

"Huh? What?" asked Namjoon as if he was out of his trance. "No. I mean, I'll be out in a while," he corrected.

Hoseok looked at Namjoon suspiciously. "For a date?"

"Well look at the time. I have to get ready," said Namjoon.

Hoseok continued looking at Namjoon as he zoomed his way to his room and shut the door. Namjoon was acting really peculiar after his slip that Hoseok wondered if he's really seeing someone without anyone knowing.

Hoseok's phone rang. He smiled widely and answered the video call. "Aegiya, I'm back!"

"I miss my babe so much!" replied Sunhee enthusiastically. "You look great."

"For my one and only aegi," he winked.

"I was wondering why was your parking space empty when I parked my car at the apartment. I forgot you were at your dorm," commented Sunhee. "Anyway, I was lucky there was a taxi right after I walked out of the building."

"Well, you did do a lot of planning for the transportation part," commented Hoseok.

He knew Sunhee is a strategist and she would always plan a lot of things according to the time, place and convenience. She parked her car at the apartment in advance so that Hoseok would be able to pick her at the bakery for their date. She would be spending the night at his place after that.

"If I don't do that, you would have to drive me to work tomorrow morning."

"I don't mind doing that."

"I know you won't, but I hate to deprive you of your sleep."

"I thought sleeping was not on the agenda tonight," he teased.

"Babe!" Sunhee flushed.

"Where are you now? Is that the new office?" asked Hoseok, changing the subject.

"Of course," answered Sunhee. "I haven't been able to show you this part of the bakery. It's easier to do the paperwork and accounting now."

"You do need an office," stated Hoseok.

Sunhee rolled her eyes, "Go ahead, say 'I told you so'. I know you want to," dared Sunhee.

Originally, Sunhee didn't want to use extra space for the office, thinking that the size of a storeroom would be just fine and she could use more space for the baking equipment. Hoseok disagreed and he was pushing for a bigger office since the business expanded.

They fought for a while and in the end, Sunhee conceded. When the construction was done, Hoseok was right. She did need the space for the paperwork and files after all.

Hoseok just grinned, "No, I'm not going to. I know better. Go ahead, finish off with your starter. I'll be there in an hour."

"I'm waiting for Choi Yong, then I'll start preparing," said Sunhee. Hoseok saw she was perking her ears. "I think she's here."

"I'll see you after this," promised Hoseok.

"Hold on," said Sunhee.

Hoseok could see Sunhee's face changed. "What is it, aegiya?"

"Babe, call the cops for me," said Sunhee.

"What's wrong?"

"Nam Hojun, Choi Yong's husband is here," whispered Sunhee. She then looked around her in panic.

"What?!" exclaimed Hoseok.

Hojun was still at large and the police weren't able to catch him just yet. He was slick and they weren't able to trace him. He was on the police's wanted list.

Sunhee put up her finger for him to be quiet. "Please, call them now. I love you," she said before she disconnected the line.

He then received a message.

Sunhee: Tell the cops, Hojun has a knife.

The feeling of dread swept over Hoseok as he called for the police. He then sprinted to his car and sped to the bakery, praying and hoping like crazy that Sunhee will be safe.

It was the first time Sunhee said her love before he prompted her.

He didn't feel good about it.