Chapter 3

Hoseok coughed. Closer? What did she mean by that?

"Not that kind of close – judging from that look you're making. We're going to be best of friends after this."

"I didn't say anything," Hoseok said defensively. Sunhee was really assertive and straight forward, and he didn't think that she missed anything. Granted that she was an amazing person but he thought the way she said 'close' was heading to the 'more than friends' path.

"Your face is showing everything," Sunhee pointed out.

"It did not."

"Did too. Relax, we've just known each other and I know I can be as straight forward as heck," she admitted. "I would freak out too if someone said they want to be close to me all the sudden," she patted his hand. "Do you have a girlfriend?"

"Huh?" Hoseok was taken by surprise. Trainees weren't allowed to be in a relationship to begin with and Hoseok know that Sunhee of all the person would know that.

"Aww come on, I know some trainees hide their relationship from the agency. I've been here for a long time so I wonder if you have one too. You're handsome and I guess you would have one before you come to the agency."

"A girlfriend?" Hoseok repeated.

"Girlfriend. You know, that special friend that you have that's more than just a friend. The one that you like and you're in love with. Don't worry, I won't tell if you're in a relationship," Sunhee teased.

Hoseok flustered at her question and it looked like she was enjoying herself at it which got Hoseok a little bit irked. "I know what that means," Hoseok answered tersely.

Sunhee face changed at his answer but that didn't stop her. "Bad experience?" she fished.

"She dumped me for my bestfriend back home," he answered as he looked away.

"Traitors! Man, that sucks big time. When did that happen?"

"You know what, sunbae? You ask too many questions," he pointed that out.

"I know. I talk a lot. I ask a lot. I'll keep quiet then," Sunhee said in response.

The room was silent.

Minutes went by and it was stifling Hoseok. She couldn't stop talking at one point and he found out she's also a pro at being silent too. It was uncomfortable and straining.

"I called her last week to wish her happy birthday. She told me she's breaking up with me then," Hoseok conceded after minutes of silence went by. "She was complaining about me being a non-existent boyfriend so she'd better find someone who's always there. That someone happens to be my friend," he finished drily.

There were still no reply from Sunhee.

"No comments, sunbae?"

"Nothing nice from my side," Sunhee answered. "They can both go to hell."

"My sentiments exactly," he agreed as he looked back at her to see if she really meant it.

"Idols and relationship don't mix that well. In our case, it already start the moment we become a trainee. We don't get to see our family that often either, but hey, everything has a price to pay. We could hit pay dirt if we debut and we really take off as an idol," she said as she nodded her head. "Add that with a busy life and no other thing that we can't afford to think of. Guess we would be old till we'd be able to start our own family, right?" Sunhee laughed mirthlessly. "Funny that that had never crossed my mind before."

Hoseok was silent. What is it about the person in front of him, that when she said 'we' he thought she meant him and her both, not as a separate person. He knew she meant the latter, not the first.