Chapter 52

Sunhee switched her phone to silent mode right after she disconnected the call with Hoseok. She walked quietly to the door of the office and looked outside.

She was glad she was able to hide. She was also glad that she was wearing her sneakers instead of the wedge shoes she was opting for earlier. She was going to wear those shoes for work anyway, so wearing a wedge or high heels were not that practical.

While she was on the phone with Hoseok, she heard Choi Yong getting into the bakery. Hojun came in a few minutes after Choi Yong did and that was when Sunhee heard the commotion at the main baking area. From what she could hear, Hojun didn't know of her presence in the office since her car wasn't parked at her usual place. Choi Yong probably did, after seeing the lights were turned on.

From her spot, Sunhee could see Choi Yong. She was frozen in shock. Hojun drew out a knife from his jacket and Sunhee cursed. It wasn't just any knife. It was a military tactical knife. She pulled herself back and leaned against the wall. She suddenly felt her throat tighten up. She closed her eyes, dug her nails in her palms and took a few calming deep breaths. She'll be damned if she let her anxiety rule over her at that very moment. She can't let Hojun know she's there.

Sunhee sent a text to Hoseok straight away informing him about the weapon. She just omitted the type of knife Hojun was using thinking it won't make any difference. She didn't think the cops could do much without jeopardising Choi Yong's safety. They wouldn't able to get into the shop unnoticed either. Getting in from the two doors at the back of the bakery café would be noticeable.

She needed to create a diversion. She then texted Haewon. It would be helpful if the police could see what's happening inside and Haewon could access the surveillance camera from her phone. But could Haewon be there on time?

Sunhee didn't think so as she took a deep breath and went out.

For the time being, Choi Yong only had her to rely on. Hojun had his back on Sunhee when she crept next to one of the ovens. It gave her the advantage to make a move without him noticing. Choi Yong saw her and Sunhee applauded Choi Yong's ability to keep her face straight. Choi Yong could be a mean poker player, thought Sunhee.

Sunhee looked at the items around her. She was figuring on what she could use if the situation called for her action. She looked at the steel trays and the plates. That would only be good as a distraction. The knives were too far from her. The rolling pins would be helpful.

Hojun tied Choi Yong up to one of the chairs at the baking area with cable ties and gagged her. He even tied her legs together. Sunhee started to rethink her plan. She can't just hit him and run when Choi Yong was stuck to the chair. She had to make sure Hojun was incapacitated until she could free Choi Yong.

"I wouldn't have to do this if you didn't make a report on me," said Hojun. "This is all your fault, my dear," Hojun was moving closer to Choi Yong. "I miss talking to you," said Hojun, taking the gag off. "If you scream, I swear I'm going to drive this knife in you."

"You hit me and you killed our baby. I nearly died," responded Choi Yong.

"And whose fault was it again? You were blatantly flirting with those men at the venue. Those people in the entertainment business are all bastards."

The truth then dawned on to Sunhee. Choi Yong was beaten right after they did the delivery at Hoseok's practise venue. Hojun was probably spying on her when they did the delivery. Choi Yong was most likely beaten repeatedly until the day Sunhee went to visit.

"I'm done talking to you," spat Choi Yong.

"Now that's new. You never talked back to me before," said Hojun sharply.