Chapter 26

(a/n: Didn't change this one much just fixed some spelling errors. Also got an idea for another ereri fic. It's a haunting one because I love paranormal stuff and demons and anything that scares the shit out of me. I'm going to publish it after I finish editing this and make a cover for it so it will be a while. Thanks for being patient with me)

(Levi's POV)

"Your to picky Levi, just pick a place and apply already." Eren says exasperated.

"I can't work in a place that reeks of grease and other fatty foods." I say and shut my locker.

"What about the cafe where I'm working? Isabelle said it was okay and it smells like coffee and pastries."

"Work at the same place as my bratty boyfriend and serve other brats shitty coffee, I think I'm better off not having a job." I sighed. "I'm going home and you need to go to work, it's your first day remember?"

"Yeah, I'll text yo- ARMIN!"

"What?" I looked at him confused.

"Armin, my childhood friend, you've met him a couple times by now. He can help us."

"Was he the horse or the mushroom?"

"Mushroom." Eren giggled grabbing my hand and pulling me somewhere.

"Oi, where are we going?"

"It's the end of school which means Armin's at the library by now."

"He looked like the kid that would study right after school ended."

"He doesn't go there to study, he just really loves books." Eren laughed again.

"What about your job, you can't be late for your first day."

"Don't worry I still have an hour and it's close to the school anyway."

We continued the rest of the way in silence, since I couldn't think of a way to get out of the situation. When we got there Armin was sitting at one of the tables with stacks of books surrounding him.

"He really loves books." I commented.

"How much you want to bet he's read them already?"

"Let's just get this over with so you can go to work."

We walked over to where Armin was but we seemed to go unnoticed. Eren had a devilish smirk plastered on his face and before I could stop him he grabbed a small stack of books raised them up high then let them fall on the table causing a loud startling thud. Armin jumped throwing his book and Eren started laughing like an idiot.

"Jesus Eren, you know I hate that!" Armin snapped then clamped his mouth shut when he remembered we were in the library.

"Sorry Armin I couldn't resist." Eren said when he calmed down.

"So what's the up?" Armin asked fixing the book he threw and making sure it was still okay.

"We have a problem, well Levi does anyway."

"Marital problems already." Armin joked.

"Its not like that, Levi just can't find a job."

"Why the sudden rush to find a job, if you don't mind me asking."

Eren faulted at the question so I came up with something.

"I want to help my sister out by earning some extra money for the house." I lied.

"Alright so what kind of places have you already tried so we can rule them out."

"Cafe's and other food oriented places." Eren said.

"Any regular shops?"

"A few but it's pointless because every place tells me the same thing."

"What's that?" Armin and Eren both looked at me questioningly.

"It's not important." I said avoiding there eyes by looking at a nearby shelf, which was dusty.

"If it's the reason you can't get a job then it is important." Eren said looking worried.

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Levi." Eren whined.

"Drop it Eren." I warned and we glared at each other.

Armin cleared his throat getting our attention again.

"I think we should just move on, do you have any skills?"

"Not that I can think of." I answered.

"He's good at nagging me and telling me how I'm doing everything wrong." Eren said still mad.

"I don't do that, and if I do it's because you are doing everything wrong."

"It hard to do anything right when you're always watching me." Eren sighs. "Sometimes I wonder if your just waiting for me to fuck up." I reached out to him but back away. "I have to go, don't want to be late." Eren said sarcastically before rushing out of the library.

"Damn it."

"Levi wait, before you chase after him take this." He hands me a slip of paper. "Try going to this place and tell them that I sent you."

"When did you have time for that?

"I looked it up online and called them while the two of you where talking."

"That's amazing, thanks Armin."

"No problem."

We said our goodbyes and I ran out of the school but Eren was long gone, probably already at his job by now. I decided to send him a quick text anyway and go to the place Armin found.

It didn't take that long to find but it didn't look like it was open ever. I went inside anyway but all I found was books piled messily everywhere.

"Hello?" I said unsure of what I was getting myself into.

"Where closed for today, come back tomorrow!" A woman shouted from somewhere in the back, her voice was eerily familiar.

"Actually I'm here to apply for a job, my friend Armin sent me." I shouted back.

"Levi?" The woman came out from the back and I began regretting coming here. "It is you, so your the newbie Armin was telling me about." It pulls me in a hug before I could protest.

"I guess, uh could you let me go now, your suffocating me."

She lets me go and smiles widely at me.

"What?"

"Where going to be working together."

"So I have the job?"

"Of coarse, all you had to do was ask." She laughed.

"So what exactly will I be doing?"

"Oh helping me watch the store and assisting me in the lab."

"Define assisting in the lab."

"Handing me stuff and cleaning beakers and such. Armin will be helping us out sometimes too."

"Alright, but before I do anything we should clean up the clutter in the store first."

"What clutter it's always like that."

"Seriously Hanji, it's no wonder you don't have any costumers."