Feelings That Remember

"Where've you been? You spent quite a long time out there." You hear a boy's voice ask as you go up the stairs to your dorm room. You slowly look up and see that it was Aether. For some reason, you feel as though you're forgetting something massive. Something extremely important.

"I... don't know. I think I fell asleep somehow?" You answer truthfully. You did just in fact wake up in the middle of an empty plot of land so, maybe you were so tired that you fell asleep anywhere? 

"Fell asleep? Where? Did you stay at the library or something?" He asks, leaning his back at the railings. You get up at the last steps and approach him. You really didn't know what to say because it really did seem like someone deliberately removed your memories.

"...No. I just found myself in an empty plot of land." You say, just now finding fault in that statement. 

"Are you okay?! Were you kidnapped or something?!" He asks, panicky. You were now feeling guilty of making him worry due to your wrong wordings. But really, there was no other way to word it. 

"No! It's an area at the school I didn't even know existed. No way I can get kidnapped or drugged at the school where literal Gods stay govern it." You quickly say before he starts searching the entire world for people who might've kidnapped you. 

"...True. Sorry if I overreacted." He says, calming down and then leaning his back against the railings again. You then see that it might be quite a long talk so, instead of ending it and going straight into your room, you just lay your back on the front door.

"No need to apologize. Anyway, what're you doing here so late at night?" You ask him, seeing that it was like 7:30 in the evening so, you had thought people were going to sleep already. Despite the fact that you always sleep so late.

"Funny that you say 7 pm is so late at night. But, uhh, I'm not sure if you remember but there's a group project we have to do?" He says, suddenly, your eyes jot wide open. 

"OH MY GOSH, I TOTALLY FORGOT." You panic, quickly getting the keys to your room. He gets off the railings and approaches you nearly trying to break down the door trying to open it. You really did forget because... why?

Why would you forget?

You were so pre-occupied with... something that you forgot about such a huge project.

But why..?

What made you so pre-occupied?

"Thought so. That's why I'm here. Wanna work on it tonight? I'll call on the others." You hear him say, waiting for your response. You sigh, thinking that maybe you were just extremely tired of everything that you're seeing and hearing things.