Familiarity

"You look like you're in a good mood." Aether asks, staring at you as he sits idly on his seat. You've just arrived in the room so, you were still in a happy state, considering the fact that you've just sated your curiosity, gotten all of your questions answered, and got new and good friends.

"Is that so?" You ask, unconsciously smiling as you stare at him. You couldn't help it. Everything was seemingly going great in this brand new school. Even though it's viewed as this prestigious, serious, and all-knowing school, it was surprisingly giving you more happiness than any other school.

"Now you're pissing me off with that smile on your face." Aether says, smiling wryly. You thought he was serious about you pissing him off but, those worries were gone in an instant as soon as you see him chuckling.

"Sorry. I've... just made a bunch of new friends, that's all." You tell him, still smiling to yourself. You've never had good friends that stayed no matter what. Well, it was partially your own fault since you had to move schools every single year but, that may change this year since there's no problems at all in this one.

"Well, I'm glad that you can fit right in." He says, sighing with relief behind it as he sits straight, soon stretching his body forward, almost as if he was trying to wake himself up by moving his body around.

"Hey, thank you. Even if you don't know it, you did help me a lot." You tell him, remembering that people mostly looked at you as that one person who had the guts to hang out with two of the strongest people in the school. It really made things easy for you.

"It's nothing. It's what friends do." Aether smiles warmly, staring at you. You laugh, knowing that he probably doesn't even know why you thanked him. He must be so confused and yet he still smiled and accepted your gratitude. Such an 'Aether' thing to do.

"...Exactly." You say after calming yourself down. Moments after, the door opens, and the teacher comes in your classroom happily, seemingly in a good mood. 

The class starts normally, although the teacher's voice was a little bit louder than usual, obviously happier than any of the days before. Hearing the tone and volume of their voice was already enough to make you listen.

Aether looks at you with eyes that tell you he feels extremely put off by the fact that this teacher, who was normally angry and cold every time they met you, is now suddenly so happy and energized. Probably just a few cups of coffee taking effect on them.