Curse

"Little . . . kitty?" You stand idly, confused at what you were just called. Especially since the woman in front of you was very . . . intimidating, mysterious, all-knowing, so hearing a nickname come from her mouth was quite surprising.

"Isn't that what you are? A small cat, adventurous and brave, not fearing anything it comes across. It sounds accurate to me." She smirks, sitting down respectfully and with class. She crosses her legs, getting comfortable as she looks back at you, still having such a mischievous smile.

". . . Whatever floats your boat." You say, giving up as you sigh slightly, sitting down in front of you. You expected her to chuckle or laugh warmly but, she simply stares at you with wonder, interest, and most of all, confusion.

"Is that . . . a new term this generation came up with . . ?" She asks, seemingly confused. You were about to chuckle at it but, seeing her face once again, she looked serious about not knowing what it means.

"You really don't know what it means?" You ask, astonished that she didn't know. Well, you then realize that she might not be updated with the latest idioms or expressions people use lately since she was talking with respectful words or at least, in an old-ish manner. She shakes her head, not knowing it at all.

"It basically means that you can do what you want or do what brings you joy. As simple as that. The idiom was made quite a long time ago." You say, smiling at her. She then opens her mouth slightly, understanding the meaning now and put two and two together. Though, she turns back at you with a sad look in her face.

"Tell me . . . how many years ago was it made?" She asks, looking as if she wants this question answered no matter what. You use the information you have in your brain, doing the process of elimination and possibly getting the right answer for this.

"90, maybe 100 years ago?" You say, not sure about it but if it was true, then she was stuck here in this same place for more than a hundred years. She then clicks her tongue, displeased at the answer she just received.

". . . It's already been that long huh . . ." She mumbles, her eyes closing for a bit, her stance suggests that she was in disbelief as she then sighs. You can only pity her and feel sad about thinking that she was alone these past years.

"Based on how you're speaking, I'm assuming you've been here for so long." You say, still wanting to know more about her and this place. That was the one thing you came here for and possibly the only thing that can make you and her keep on meeting. If you have a reason to see her, and give her a reason to show up, then this might be the only way.