Rebirth of Dwindling Resolve

A peaceful silence has breached the atmosphere. A warm summer breeze eternalizing itself in this moment as you remain laid down on her thighs. You couldn't remove the smile on your face no matter how many times you tried to stay straight-faced. Your eyes wander, turning themselves onto Miko who was... smiling warmly, staring at the lakes, almost as if she was communicating with it.

You shift your head a little, afraid that she might complain about you being heavy or something. If you were comfortable in that position, obviously, she has to be comfortable for your sake too. But, it looks like there weren't any problems. You sigh happily, closing your eyes as a smile lingered in your face.

"You seem to be in a happier mood." She suddenly speaks, making you flinch for a bit. You calm down, seeing her looking down at you. 

"Well, I can't help it when you look a lot happier now." You tell her, smiling afterwards. She subsequently looked away, her cheeks had a tint of red as she was seemingly pouting too. You couldn't help but chuckle.

"...Don't you have tests? Come on, go ahead and study." She says, pushing you away from her thighs as you then hit the grassy plains face first. She pats her thighs, assumingly brushing away dust as she looked to be grumpy. You eventually stand up, getting her attention in view of the fact that she was staring.

"Fine. But I'll come back every now and then." You tell her, smiling as she stayed sitting on the grass. She lets out a 'hmph', looking away but... she was still smiling. You could feel as though she was a lot happier than before so, you start walking away. Just before you leave the gate,

"Just so you know, I'm not helping you at all!" She yells out, making you turn around to look at her waving at you. You wave back, laughing before getting out of the garden. You step out but, just before you get back to your room, you take one last look at the garden.

Weirdly, it looked to be more alive for some reason. The petals of each trees were brighter, the wind was cold and peaceful, the swaying of the trees were slowed and calm, and the grass was greener. Then... your previous thought was true. Miko was indeed connected to this garden. Almost like she was it's life source. 

You sigh, shaking your head, not wanting to think about depressing things just yet. You had exams coming up and, you didn't study at all. You could study right after you get back home but, you already know that that's not going to happen. So, you start walking back to your room, the sun was setting, and everyone seemed to be outside, at the malls.

Come to think of it, you've never really gone out with your friends and went to the malls in the distance. You've just been... spending all your time with Miko. As you enter your room, you put down your bag and immediately go to the bathroom to take a shower. Finishing that shower rather quickly, you get to bed, and before you sleep, you just think to yourself that love...