Vacillating Emotions

"I warned you." Raiden once again appears right in front of you, her eyes being brighter than the last time you saw her as you then notice yourself being in a different plane of existence like before. Your head pains as all the memories that was removed from you, resurface and slowly appear as if they were never removed in the first place.

"What... do you mean 'warned me'? I forgot everything that happened here!" You yell out, your tears still flowing out of your eyes as your face turns into looks of anger and resentment. Mostly towards yourself... but at the being in front of you that claims to have warned you and yet removed everything you learned.

"And soon you will forget more." She bluntly and coldly says, getting your attention. You, having a look of confusion, stare at her stone-cold gaze as she slowly drops down onto the ground after being in flight. She opens her eyes and stares at you with now a warm gaze... almost as if she was comforting you.

"You did feel something, didn't you? Right before you thought of confessing.  If I had known you loved her so much more, I would've placed a stronger seal." She says, her words cutting into your heart. You then start thinking... maybe that's why you went straight into the idea that you loved her, a much stronger emotion than like

Or perhaps, Miko felt some sort of power blocking your memories and deliberately removed it without you knowing anything. You then feel Raiden place her right hand on your shoulder, comforting you as she stares at you with a soft look in her eyes.

"I know this is tough on you but, what did you expect? For you to release her from the curse, live happily ever after, have kids and have a family, get a nice house, and be together until you both die? That's a delusion, not a dream." She says, despite looking so harmless, she remains straight-forward like a knife. You suppress the urge to click your tongue or talk back in anger. Because if you do... there'll be major consequences as well as the fact that no one here is at fault but you.

"I know that but... a part of me wanted to grasp onto that delusion. I... love her so much. She gave me reasons to keep on going just when I thought I should give up." You say, honestly not knowing what you were talking about anymore. You didn't know if this was really what you felt, or if you were just making excuses for yourself.

"...Give up..?" Raiden asks, her face relaxing and becoming less hostile. You look away, feeling vulnerable and helpless, almost like a crumpled up piece of paper waiting to be tossed in the trash.

"...I've been travelling all my life, searching for the right school, the right place, and the right area where I feel like I belong but... nothing. Until I saw her and that garden. It felt like home to me." You say out loud, not knowing who you're convincing anymore.