Chapter 1

The birds chirped outside and rays of light seeped through the curtains. They landed on a sleeping hedgehog who turned around grumbling trying desperately to avoid the light. Giving up, one blue eyelid opened halfway revealing an emerald green eye. It was morning in Green Hills and everybody was waking up, including a certain cobalt blue hedgehog. Sonic the Hedgehog. He goes by many names: fastest thing alive, the blue devil, blue blur, big blue, and.... very, very...tired.

He took his blanket and covered his face to block out the sun, but a few seconds later there was a knock on the door of his bedroom. Sonic groaned and contemplated if he should get up or ignore the knock and pretend it never existed.

Tails: "Sonic, wake up!!!"

Sonic uncovered his face with his left hand and covered his face again with his pillow, now trying to block out the voice,  yelling before that "Five more minutes Tails." in a drowsy voice.

Tails was a 12 year old fox with an IQ of 300. He had two tails, hence his name, and bright orange fur. He was also the sidekick and little brother of the sleepy hedgehog. The kitsune sighed already knowing his big brother and said "It's 9 am you should already be awake, and besides, I'm hungry, I didn't have breakfast yet because of you"

Two eyelids shot open and Sonic started fumbling for his stuff. Tails on the other side of the door heard the inaudible cursing and shuffling of stuff and snickered. Suddenly the door flew open revealing a blue hedgehog with messy quills. He looked panicked as he was still putting on his shoes. Tails gave one glance at his quills and started laughing.

Sonic: "Tails I'm so sorry, I didn't know it was that late and... what are you laughing at!?"

Tails was trying to catch his breath wiping an imaginary tear away. "It's...it's...your quills...hahaha... they're a mess."

Sonic slightly glared at his little brother and started to brush his quills back with his hands. After doing that and Tails calming down they went downstairs, they went through the living room and into the kitchen. Tails sat down on a chair by the counter and patiently waited for Sonic to make their breakfast. You see, Sonic met the small ball of fur when the hedgehog was 14 and the kitsune 8, he adopted him as a brother and took care of him; although it came with troubles: like paying taxes, finding a job, taking Tails to school and taking care of Tails, but even through all that, they were inseparable.  Four years passed and now Sonic is 18 and Tails is 12 years old and they are still best friends and brothers.

You might think, 'Why should Sonic work if he saves the world so many times and the government probably pays him some reward money?', well G.U.N and Sonic don't get along so the organization convinced the government to not pay Sonic, even though Sonic declined the payment from the beginning. Another question you might ask is, 'What job? and who the heck would let a 14 year old work (this is Mobius idk)?! well, he works as a Freedom Fighter. His friends don't know he works, but they don't ask either.

Sonic poured the batter for pancakes into the pan and started to make pancakes. The sweet aroma from the pancakes spread around the room making Tails hum.

Sonic: "You know you could have just made something for yourself, right?"

Tails: "I know, I just wanted you to have pancakes since you make them so well."

Sonic chuckled and switched off the stove when he was finished. He put the pancake on a plate, adding some fruit and pouring some syrup on it, he handed the plate to his little brother. Said mobian took it with a big smile and was about to dig into it, but before that, he looked up at Sonic curiously and asked:

Tails: "Aren't you going to eat something?"

Sonic: "I'm not that hungry, I might just wait until lunch"