kai wants love

"You are legally obligated to give me attention right now,"

Cole looked up, perplexed, from his phone. Kai was draped over a chair, looking over at him intently with an innocent look on his face. 

"What kind of line is that?" He rolled his eyes and resisted a smile, but Kai didn't ignore the twinkle in his boyfriend's eye and jumped up. 

"Come here!" He whined, arms stretched wide and fingers shaking from how much he was flexing them. In his 'comfy' clothes, which were really clothes that he thought Cole would want to never leave him alone in (it worked), he looked perfect. However, the earth ninja wasn't ready to give in just yet and gave him a smile just as innocent. 

"Why don't you come to me instead?" 

"Because it's romantic when you just suddenly get up, pick me up in a hug and spin me around until the butterflies in my stomach can't see anything anymore. And then you mutter your undying love for me into my ear and we embrace with sparks flying around us,"

Cole stared. Kai looked back into his eyes, face serious. He was too good at acting to break character like this, and too stubborn to let himself either. Not to mention that he was too shy to ask for a hug normally.

"I've never hugged you quite like that, what have you been reading?"

"I watch a lot of romance films," Kai confessed, the tips of his ears going red. 

"Oh, you do make a convincing argument when you're so pretty," Cole sighed, letting his head fall back dramatically. 

"Get over here then! I'm cold,"

"You're the fire ninja,"

"So?" 

Groaning, Cole bit back another smile. 

"Okay, sit," He ordered, and Kai dropped to the floor without question, an aching grin on his face. Cole got up, readied himself, then lunged at his boyfriend, lifting him up with no struggle and spinning him around, leaving kisses on his nose and forehead as they went. Shrieking and laughing, they twirled several times before Kai slapped his shoulder, breathless. 

"I can't- I'll throw up in a minute," His eyes were watering and his beam was face-splitting. Cole was sure he looked the same. As soon as they stopped moving, they fell onto eachother, Kai panting on Cole's chest as they came down from their adrenaline rush, still giggling. 

"Was that good enough for the ever-touch-starved Kai Smith?" 

"Just one more thing," Kai propped himself up and stared down at Cole's face, eyes darting to his lips then back to his eyes. Momentarily, the boy beneath him could only stare at the fire ninja - his normally kept hair ruffled up, eyes shimmering, every feature bright - then he pulled him down quickly and kissed him, hands on his cheeks. Kai sank into the kiss, his arms bucking. 

When they broke away, Kai whispered, "Perfect, that's a good score for you, mister."