73

Daniel's POV:
Charles and Charlotte left after some time, they told me whenever we need something to just call them. Max stayed with Amilia and her parents when I went out of the room. I felt like I had to do this, I have to call Lando. I acted absolutely childish the last time I saw him and I know how much they like each other. They actually grew together as friends and I know she wants him to know. It was hard to call him if I'm being honest because I was still scared that she will leave me some day for him. "Hello Daniel?" I heard him over the phone. "Yes, hi Lando. I hope I'm not bothering you but first of all I wanted to apologize for my behavior the last time. And I think you need to know something." I said and explained what happened to Amilia. He was shocked and didn't say anything for a few moments. "I, I'm not sure what you think about it but...what if." he stumbled, obviously not sure if it's ok to ask what was on his mind. "I know she would want for you to be here and I want you here as well, for her. I mean in case this was what you wanted to say." I said. He agreed on that and thanked me. He told me he'll book a flight and will be here as soon as possible. I went back into the room, knowing that I did this for her, even though it took me a lot to do so. But as long as she's happy, I'm willing to do anything possible.
I went back into her room and sat down next to her again. Max and her parents were still here, all we could do now is wait, wait for her to wake up.
.
.
.
Amilia's POV:
I heard them, they are still here. And I heard the doctor, he said I'm supposed to wake up. That's a good sign, all it needs is for me to try hard enough now. I tried to gain back control over my own body. I tried to blink and after a few attempts, I saw the bright light of the room I was in. It was so bright that I closed my eyes again. "Did she just open her eyes?" Daniel asks and I felt him closer to me. "Amilia in case you just tried to open your eyes, squeeze my hand." he said. And I listened to him. I did, I really think I did it. "Omg Amilia you did it, perfect, now try to open your eyes again for me."
I listened to his voice and put all the effort in. And after my eyes got used to the bright light, I saw a smiling Daniel in front of me. "Omg you did it, I'm so proud of you." Daniel said and hugged me. "I'm so sorry Daniel, it's all my fault." I said and started to cry. He grabbed my face, wiped away my tears and looked deep into my eyes. "Don't worry about it anymore, we look forward not backwards. And we'll fight against it from now on, all together." he said and a tear left his eye as all. I smiled through the tears and tried to wipe his. "Ily." I said. "Ily2 my gorgeous angel." Daniel replied, putting my hair behind my ear.
.
.
.
I was so happy to see Max and my parents. We all left some more tears but all in all, we were happy. I apologized to all of them again but they all just wanted to look forward, like Daniel said. I was exhausted but it wasn't as bad as I expected it. The doctor and the nurse visited and explained how my therapy will work. After that I received some food and only then I realized that I was starving.
My parents left to recover from the sleepless hours and went into my apartment. Daniel and Max stayed my by side, the whole time. "I need to tell you something by the way." Daniel said and his expression turned serious. "What is it?" I ask curious. He told me that he called Lando to tell him what's going on and that he asked him to come here for me. I thought I misunderstood him because the last time they saw each other ended in Daniel not talking to me for weeks. "I see the curious expression on your face but don't worry, I apologized to him and he was all calm as well. And besides that I know he makes you happy, so if you're happy I am as well." he explained. My lips formed into a smile and a silent 'thank you'.
.
.
.
Lando's POV:
I walked out of the airport of Monaco and was hit with the warmth of the sun. I have no time to admire the weather nor the island though because I'm here for a serious reason. I took a cab to the hospital and started to get nervous when I entered the hospital. I took the elevator to the floor Amilia is on and it took only a few steps to her room. I knocked on the door and when I opened it, the first thing I saw was her. I smiled slightly, not sure how I was supposed to act.

Amilia's POV:
Lando looked through the whole room after he nervously smiled at me. "Lando I'm so glad to see you, please come on in." I said and he finally came closer. He gave Max his hand and they both smiled at each other while greeting. "Hello Daniel thank you for letting me be here." he said and held out his hand. Daniel looked at him and pulled him into an unexpected hug "Thank you for being here."
I saw Lando calming down immensely after that. " That's cute and all but what about me?" I ask and earn a laughter from all three. Lando came up to me and pulled me into a deep hug. " I'm so glad you're still here." he whispered in my ear. " Thank you for being here." I whispered back.
.
.
.