9

I heard the knock on my door and saw a tired Daniel in front of me. We walked to his room and sat down on his bed. "What happened?" he asks, looking concerned. I told him about my nightmare and how real it felt. A few tears left my eyes because of how scared I was. "I'm sorry you had to experience that, I will keep an eye on you from now on ok?" he says while hugging me. I nod into his chest and the smell of his perfume calmed me down. "Do you want to stay here for the rest of the night? I'd be right next to you in case you'll have another nightmare." Daniel softly spoke, working his fingers through my hair. "If that's ok with you, I'd love to stay." I answer, my voice almost cracking, "I don't mind at all, come on let's lay down and try to catch some more sleep"
Daniel answers, laying on his back and pulling me on top of him. I place my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. That calmed me down enough to fall asleep within a few minutes.
.
.
.
On Saturday morning I woke up, still laying in Daniel's arms. I'm so glad that I stayed the night because I would've had another nightmare for sure without him. I walked back to my hotel room to get ready and met with Max and Daniel for breakfast.
.
.
.
Qualifying arrived and I got pretty excited. I was allowed to watch from the garage. I looked at all the different monitors, trying to recognize every little detail. Of course I took pictures of everything in here, sending them to my dad as well.
The results of qualifying were ok, but not really satisfying. Max will start from P5 tomorrow, Daniel P7. I knew they wouldn't be happy with that at all.
.
.
.
"I need to relax, can you give me a massage?" Max asked me after stepping out of his car. I nod and walk to my room, already preparing what I'll need. I haven't seen Daniel after the qualifying but from what I've heard, he was furious. He hadn't talked to anyone and disappeared as fast as he could. I will definitely look after him later.
I cheered up Max while his massage, telling him that he can come out on top tomorrow if he really wants it. I knew both him and Daniel can gain positions tomorrow for sure, I believe that where's a will, there's a way. He thanked me and I decided to go into the hospitality area to ask for Daniel's favorite snack.
"Excuse me I'm Amilia, the drivers physical therapist , can you do me a favor and tell me if you have some of the black bean brownies left? I'd like to bring one to Daniel." I ask a friendly looking young women, probably my age. "Hi Amilia I'm Blair, I'm the hospitality junior manager of Red Bull nice to meet you first of all. Second yes I'm pretty sure I can get you some." she replied. "Thank you very much and of course it's nice to meet you." I answer. She walks into the kitchen, coming back only seconds later with a plate full of brownies. "There you go." she says. "I can't thank you enough Blair." I answer. "Hey Amilia would you maybe like to change numbers so we can stay in contact and maybe do something off track?" she asks. "I'd love to, here I'll give you my number." I say.
.
.
.
After exchanging numbers with Blair I walked off of the track and took one of the vans back to the hotel.
I walked up to Daniels room and knocked. It was silent and no one seemed to open the door. "Daniel it's me, Amilia. Please open the door." I say, hoping he will hear me. After a few moments I heard footsteps and the door opened up. I looked at Daniel, he literally looked through me. He definitely had alcohol. He walked back into his room, leaving the door open for me. He hasn't said anything but I chose to go in anyways.
I inspected his room, seeing an empty bottle of whiskey in front of his feet. He sat down on his bed, staring on the ground, silent. "Daniel, did you drink all of it?" I carefully ask, stepping towards him. He nods silently, still staring at the floor. I put down the plate of brownies, stepping closer to him. "But why?" I ask, still careful. "Why you fu**ing ask ? Why the fu**?" Daniel screamed angrily and threw the empty bottle against the wall. I was petrified with fear, never have I seen Daniel like this before. I stared at him, eyes wide open, and thought about what I could say without making him angrier.
.
.
.