52

Arriving at the hospital I explained the situation and gave them the number from my doctor back in Monaco. They talked to him and planned what they can do to help me.
"Hello Ms Van Dijk, I talked to your doctor and we planned to start a therapy for you that he will continue when you are back in Monaco." the doctor explained. "We'll give you an IV with some medication and you should feel better soon. If you need anything, you can ring the bell." Daniel held my hand while they put the IV in my arm. Max and Daniel informed our families and told them we'll stay at the hospital for tonight.
The IV ran for 30 minutes and I actually felt better. I received food and drinks of all kinds and both Max and Daniel were allowed to stay the night. "As usual, the three of us together." I said and they both had to smile at my comment. "I'm glad you didn't change." Daniel said.
.
.
.
We woke up the next morning and I was glad I felt a lot better. Daniel told me that Max is on his way to the hotel to pick up our things because we'll fly back to Monaco today. "How Are you feeling?" he asks me. "Better, I'm glad we went here." I said honestly.
Max came back with our bags and suitcases and Daniel supported me while changing. The doctor came back one last time to tell me he talked to my doctor from Monaco again. They agreed on a permanent IV on my neck, which makes it easier to give me the medication and I don't have to go through the insertion of the needle all the time.
After they placed the permanent IV on my neck they showed me how I can unplug the empty bottle of medication. That makes it more comfortable because the doctor can put it on and I can leave the doctors office and remove it myself. I thanked the team again and we left to the airport.
.
.
.
We arrived in Monaco and I was pretty tired. It's late already and all I want is sleep right now. My parents went into an apartment they rented and so did Daniel's family. We arrived in our apartment complex and Daniel asked if I want to stay with him. I nodded and we went to his floor. He opened the door and I had to take a seat. "Do you want to go to bed right now?" he asks and I nod. Before I could get up I felt Daniel picking me up and carrying me to bed. He laid beside me and placed a kiss on my head, before we both drift off to sleep.
.
.
.
The first few days were good, I was feeling better and happy because we were surrounded by our families. My doctor was relieved that I finally started the therapy. He showed me the actual results and said that it was definitely time, one more week and something bad could've happened. He told me about the chemo I have to do twice a month to kill all of the cancer cells. He planned with them for 4 months. 4 months makes....end of February. That means I'm back for the next season. At least that's what I hope.
.
.
.
Daniel fulfilled his contract with Red Bull and started his new contract on December 1st with Renault. His teammate Nico Hulkenberg is such a nice guy and Daniel and him get along very well. I also met Max's new teammate, Pierre Gasly. He got moved from toro Rosso to Red Bull and is very nice as well. Today, Christian called me to ask how I feel. I obviously had to tell him about my disease and he calls at least once a week to make sure I'm ok. "I'd like to offer something to you." he said over the phone. "Ok what is it?" I ask. "I talked to Max and we both came to the conclusion that you'd never take some time off for your recovery. We thought about something, you can definitely join the races but we'll have Pierre's physical therapist for Max as well and you can work with Max whenever you're feeling well. If not, the other one will take over." Christian explained. "I like the idea, thank you for this offer, I really appreciate it." I answered.
.
.
.
My parents went back to the Netherlands yesterday because they have to work again. They wanted to stay here and take all of their off days but I told them that I'm in good hands. Daniel's family left as well and are now on their way to Australia again.
I'm on my way to the doctors office now to have my daily infusion. Daniel is at a meeting with his new team and told me to call him if anything's wrong.
"Ms Van Dijk it's Good to see you, Are you ready?" the doctor asks. I nod and he puts the new infusion on. After that I went back into my apartment. I definitely have to do some chores, it looks horrendous in here. After finishing them I was a little more exhausted than usual and earned a warning look from Daniel. I made sure that I'll stop whenever I feel unwell and he knew that he can't stop me anyways.
For today, everything was done so we chose to order some food and simply sit on our couch together.
.
.
.