41

The next races we attended had better results for the team. We achieved podiums and the whole team was happy with both drivers. Max was worried the whole time because my health had their ups and downs like a rollercoaster. He suggested over and over again that I should tell my parents and Daniel about it but I still refused to do so. I know they have a right to know but I want to protect them. They shouldn't worry about me. And added to that they would forbid me to attend the grand prixs and I can't risk that. I had multiple calls with my doctor and he also recommended a different therapy. I told him that I want to wait until the season is over. Maybe I was just too scared to tell the others, or I was too scared to see the actual results....
.
.
.
We are currently in Monaco, we'll fly to the US in two days. I just finished working with the boys and walked into my apartment. I asked Daniel if he wants to join me but he told me he had another appointment. I told him he could come afterwards and he agreed. I don't know what it is but Daniel acted different these last weeks. He was happy as usual but I recognized a thoughtful side on him. As if something is bothering him but he won't tell me. Maybe it has to do with Red Bull ? Or is something else wrong? Does he know about my disease? Has Max told him?
.
.
.
He came back from his appointment and asked me to come to his apartment. I'm not gonna lie I'm freaking nervous. I rang his doorbell and he lets me in. After closing the door he pulls me into a hug. "I'm sorry for being so absent, let me explain it to you ok?" he says and I nod. We sat down on his couch and he starts. "You recognized my mood change these past few weeks and I'm sorry I haven't talked to you earlier. I have complications with the way I'm treated at Red Bull lately. Not as a person but as a driver. I feel like they focus mainly on Max. It doesn't affect our friendship but I feel like this is not the team for me anymore. I talked to other teams that want me for next year and that's why I've been so weird lately." he finished his explanation. While thinking about the past weeks I realize that he's right. "I'm glad you told me and I get that you feel betrayed. You don't deserve this and I wish you all the best to find a good team for you. I'll always support you, no matter what or where you're going." I answer. He smiles at me and his lips form a silent ' Thank you '. I pull him into a hug and he leans his head on my collarbone, while I brush my fingers through his hair.
.
.
.
We spend the night together and woke up early the morning after. "Let's go for a run this morning, I'm calling Max." Daniel said motivated. I got up and ready and around 20 minutes later we started. " But don't be so rude to run away like last time, I'm go straight back home then." I said what made them laugh. "We'll carry you then." Max said laughing.
.
.
.
The run was actually pretty good. I was able to keep up with them better than the last time. We came back and I made breakfast for us. "We have to hurry a little bit because our flight goes this afternoon." I said while realizing how late it is. After a shower and throwing out the boys to get ready I put on comfy clothes and checked my stuff. I have everything prepared and told the boys to come to my apartment so they don't miss the flight.
" Let's Go Baby Texas it is." Daniel happily screams while we walk through the airport. I know how much he loves the circuit and Texas as itself because some of his friends live there.
.
.
.
A 12 hour flight later we landed in Texas. While walking to the exit Daniel greeted literally every airport worker with ' Howdy y'all '. I just shook my head and pushed him outside.
"Finally a bed, I'm so exhausted." I said to myself after entering my room. I laid there, trying to recover from the flight. I wasn't able to do so for too long because Blair came over. " Hello hello how are you?" she asks me and I pull her into a hug. " I'm good how are you?" I ask. She looks at me and shakes her head " Liar you look like death, what happened to you? Ohh was it Daniel?" she asks and she had the familiar smirk on her face. I just shook my head no and told her that I kinda have a jet lag and that I'm pretty tired.
»what a lie, what a lie, what a lie.«.
.
.
.