Chapter 4 Part 3: The Last Picture Show

Start from the beginning

The next morning, Scott is in his bedroom, Punching his punching bag, he clearly has been at it for hours. Suddenly his phone begins to ring. He takes the boxing gloves off checks the phone to see who's calling and it's Veronica.

Scott[OTP]: Hey Veronica, What's up?

Veronica[OTP]: Hey Scott, nothing much. I was just wondering if you were gonna go to the drive-in tonight and if you were going with anyone.

Scott was surprised by this question, Why did Veronica wanna know if he was going with anyone? he wondered.

Scott[OTP]: Yeah I'm going and I actually was planning on going solo, why you ask?

Veronica[OTP]: Well since you're going alone, You wanna go together?

Scott didn't know what to say? He liked Veronica true but he wasn't sure if he was ready to go on a date with her just yet.

Scott[OTP]: What, you mean like a date?

Veronica[OTP]: (Veronica Chuckles)Not exactly a date, more like a Friendventure.

Scott[OTP]: Then in that case, it's a Friendventure.

They both laugh over the phone

Scott[OTP]: Well in that case, I'll pick you up at 5.

Veronica[OTP]: Cool, See you at 5 Scottykins.

  Scott hangs up the phone and places his hand on the punching bag. He rest his head on the bag thinking about all the things that have happened. Is it smart to pursue these feelings he has for Veronica? Or should just focus on the mission of making this town better?

- - - - TWILIGHT DRIVE-IN - - - -

   Scott and Veronica arrive at the Twilight Drive-in

   Scott and Veronica arrive at the Twilight Drive-in. The place is full with a sea of cars in rows together. It took awhile but Scott finally found a good parking spot to park in. Scott saw that the movie was Rebel without a Cause and he chuckled to himself, Veronica noticed.

Veronica: What's funny Scotty?

Scott: Oh nothing, just an inside joke.

Veronica nodded. There was an awkward silence between the two. Each one was waiting for them to break the silence, Scott decides to be the one to break the ice.

Scott: So...You've ever seen this movie before?

Veronica: Yeah, at sleepover with my friend Katy. We, like every other girl had huge crushes on James Dean. Think it inspired my choices in past boyfriends. What about you? Have you ever seen this movie before?