Chapter 4 Part 1: The Last Picture Show

Start from the beginning

Jughead: The Drive-In closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale... No, forget Riverdale, in the coffin of the American dream.As the godfather of indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say...

Kevin: Please, God, no more Quentin Tarantino references.

Jughead: And not just about losing my job. The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us. People should be trying to save it.

Veronica: In this age of Netflix and VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car? I mean, who even goes there?

Kevin: People who want to buy crack.

Jughead: And cinephiles, and car enthusiasts. Right Scott, Bets?

Betty: Totally

Scott: Yeah, I have fond memories of going to a Drive-In. Before they died, My parents used to take me and my brother to the local Drive-In. Saw a lot of Bruce Lee movies there.

Veronica rubs Scott back, from mentioning his parents. Scott notices this gesture from Veronica and appreciates this.

Jughead: Anyway, it's closing because the town owns it, but didn't invest in it. So when an anonymous buyer made Mayor McCoy an offer, she couldn't refuse...

Veronica: Anonymous buyer? What do they have to hide? No one cares.

Jughead: I do!

Scott: Hey Jug, it's okay man I'm sure everything will get figured out.

Jughead: Yeah, Anyway you guys should all come to closing night. I'm thinking American Graffiti... Or is that too obvious?

Veronica: I vote for anything starring Audrey Hepburn. Or Cate Blanchett.

Kevin: Or The Talented Mr. Ripley. Betty, Scott your choices

Betty is looking down and when she hears her name again she looks up. Scott and Jughead knows what's troubling her but try to keep it low.

Veronica: Everything okay, B?

Betty: Yeah, I'm just thinking. Um... Maybe Rebel Without a Cause? What about you Scott?

Scott: Um... How bout The Mark of Zorro? Guy in a mask is pretty cool.

While the teens are talking, Hermoine Lodge comes up with their food. Over the distance, in another booth, Cheryl is sitting with her friends talking smack about The Lodge Family. Hermoine smacks back at Cheryl and silences her quickly. The only door to the diner opens, they turn back to see Archie, Fred Andrews and Ms. Grundy. Betty gets up to confront them, with Jug failing to stop her.

Kevin: Wait, what's happening?

Jug and Scott look at each other, both knowing this is not gonna end well.

Scott: Nothing, Just Betty is...(Scott trying to get Jug's help with coming up with a story)

Jughead: Doing a story on the Football players at School, and she wants to interview Archie really quickly.

As they are saying this, they look to see Betty leading Archie out of Pop's. Archie makes eye contact with both Scott and Jughead.

Scott: Dude, why didn't you stop her?

Jughead: Believe it or not but Betty is way stronger than she looks

Scott's let's out an exasperated sigh

Veronica: What's happening out there? Do we know? Is it about me?

Jughead: I have a strong inkling, and no. Also, I'd let it go.

Veronica: Yes, but you're you, and I'm me. You do you, girl, I'll be back.

Veronica leaves the booth to head outside to see what Betty and Archie are talking about.

Kevin: What was it like before she got here? I honestly cannot remember.

Scott: Yeah I think this is my cue

Jughead: You're leaving too?

Scott: I know where this is headed and I don't want be here for the aftermath. I'll head out the back way, see you guys tomorrow.

Scott puts his hood and begins to head towards the back entrance of Pop's

Kevin: Call me crazy, but I think this town got more exciting when Scott and Veronica got here

- - - - ALLEYWAY- - - -
Scott walks out the back door of Pop's trying not to be noticed. When suddenly, not watching where he's going, he's bumped in the shoulder by an older guy in a leather jacket.

???: Watch where you're going kid

Scott: Back at ya, Travolta

They both go their separate ways, when Scott looks behind and sees the older guy is wearing a leather jacket that says, Southside Serpent. He heard about the serpents and was told to stay away from them, but Scott knew one day he and the serpents would cross paths eventually.