Eleven

liked by Evie, ClaireBrooks, and 184,283 others

jeff a mans best friend
📸: Evie

Evie: Nerf is the cutest
jeff: what about me?
Evie: eh, not as much

ClaireBrooks: I thought I was your bestfriend!
zanehijazi: who are you?

username: are him and Evie dating or something??
user: ikr, he only ever responds to her comments

mariahamato: cool now give me my girl back
jeff: never

- - -

Jeff
August 14th
Los Angeles

I opened the car door for Evelyn as we arrived at David's house to film a vlog. Apparently he me for something and since she and I were having a nice day out, I brought her with me.

My phone started ringing and I saw it was a call from my mom. "You can go up, I'll be right there." I told her.

"Okay." she gave me a sweet little smile and made her way to the front door.

"Hey Ma, how you doing?" I answered the phone. She started rambling in Italian and I just listened. In the middle of our "conversation" I heard what sounded like a paintball gun followed by a scream of pain.

My eyes widened at how familiar that scream sounded. "Mom, I'll call you back." I didn't even think twice before hanging up and running inside where I saw Evie laying on the ground with Mariah and Jason by her side.

That's when I saw the paint on her stomach and my blood boiled.

"What the fuck David!?" I made my presence known. Evie let out a small whimper of pain which only made me angrier knowing he hurt her.

"Dude, Jeff, I swear I thought it was gonna be you." David said pleadingly.

"Why didn't you fucking look first and shoot second? Do you realize how tiny she is, that shit fucking hurts!" I raised my voice.

"Jeff, calm down." Matt tried to intervene.

"He just shot Evelyn with a paintball gun!"

"Jeff! Seriously, I think she might have a broken rib, we need to get her to the hospital." Mariah told me. I turned around and focused my attention on Evelyn.

"God damnit." I crouched down and noticed that she was trying her best not to cry. She probably doesn't want to seem weak considering us guys have been shot by the paintball gun millions of times. But this is Evelyn we're talking about. She's so tiny, barely over five foot, and she's pregnant.

Oh god, the baby.

"Jeff, help me up please." she reached her arm up to grab my shoulder and try to lift herself up.

"I got you angel." I slid my arm under her thighs and lifted her up bridal style. She laid her head on my shoulder and I went out to the car. "I'll take her alone, she's gonna be fine." I told our friends, too pissed off to want to deal with any of them.

"I'm coming with you." Mariah and Heath both said.

"No, you're not." I said.

"Just let them come." Evelyn groaned as I put her in the passenger seat. I looked down at her shirt and saw not one, but two paint spots. That mother fucker shot her twice. "Jeff, I'm fine. Like Mariah said it's probably just a broken rib."

"I'll fucking kill him." I grunted lowly. "Whatever, get in the back." I told Heath and Mariah.

- - -

Evelyn
Los Angeles

Turns out the baby is fine, thank god. I'm perfectly fine as well but Jeff doesn't think so. He insisted that we get an ultra sound the minute we got here which ultimately made Heath and Mariah question why he was going crazy over this.

"It seems like your baby is still healthy, he or she is developing just fine." our doctor told us. Jeff let out a breath of relief and rubbed his thumb against the back of my hand.

"So the paintballs didn't harm them?" Jeff asked.

"No, however if the shots had been any lower than the ribcage, or it had hit the wrong nerve, it could have harmed the baby." he told us. "Would you like a picture of the sonogram?"

"Yes please." I said softly. I looked at Jeff who seemed a lot more at ease knowing our baby is okay. It does warm my heart that he's already so protective over them, and I've never seen this side of Jeff.

"Please don't be mad at David." I told Jeff as we left the hospital.

"Why? He not only shot you twice but could have hurt our baby girl." he said.

I smiled. "You think it's a girl?"

"Don't change the topic Eve." he shook his head but I saw his lips turn upward. "He seriously could have hurt you."

"I don't know how you guys take those shots like it's nothing. That hurt like a bitch." I said.

"Well you're just so tiny." he told me.

"I am not." I scoffed. He gave me a 'really' look. "Excuse you Mr. Wittek but I am almost 5'3."

"Yeah and I'm a whole foot taller than you." he laughed.

"Maybe you're just a giant." I stuck my tounge out at him.

"You're so adorable." he shook his head and chuckled lightly.

"Shut up and get me food." I got in the car and slammed the door. He got in the drivers seat, still laughing.

- - -