Chapter 55

A/N: *I'm sorry*

"I'm not a flower of darkness! I have seen the brighter world and I don't wish to go back to a world where light doesn't exist!" She raised her gaze and Mia shrieked.
She looked down as a sharp pain sprouted on her abdomen. Seraphina's hands held a dagger as she pushed it deeper into Mia's stomach. She leaped back to Aiden, who gleefully drew her into his arms, his face solemn as he stared at Mia. Seraphina said as Mia fell to her knees.
"Don't think I didn't notice you were obstructing my path to Cora. You gave me no choice but to strike!"
"Your blade is your true nature! You will kill anyone who is an impediment! Be it the female who raised you!" Their gazes were drawn to the forest's shadows. As the man walked into the dim light, their eyes widened as if they'd seen a ghost.
"F-father!" Aiden stuttered.
Bruce stared at Malcolm's beheaded corpse.
"What a pity!" He scoffed and took a step closer to Mia. He knelt and snatched her jaw.
"Are you all right, my love?" He asked, his head tilted.
"Yes!" He let go of her jaw as she nodded.
"Why would you do such things? What have I ever done to you!" Seraphina inquired, her voice bitter and dead. Aiden appeared to have been struck by lightning. He was as still as a stone, not blinking, just breathing and staring. Bruce ignored her question and turned to look at Aiden.
"I was expecting more from you! How could you have allowed that girl to cause harm to your mother?" He snarled and said,
"My m-mother?" Aiden inquired, completely baffled.
"She is the one who gave you birth." Bruce shrugged.
"And she is the one who kept me from killing you that night!" He turned to face Seraphina, who stared at him, dismayed.
"I would have killed you a long time ago if she hadn't insisted on my needing you, and look where that got us!" He took a deep breath.
"Why! My mother thought of you as a sister! She was always there for you! She even made you my Godmother! And you betrayed her! You killed her! What was so important that it was more significant than her life?" Seraphina wailed, her eyes welling up with tears. Mia kept her head bowed, never raising it or saying anything.
"Because she can't live, breathe, or exist without me! She relies on me to exist. She needed to save me so she could live. Don't you get it? She is my mate! The mate bond causes you to do unbelievable things, such as betray your mother and father in order to save me after your father banished me and snatched my beast, cursing me for eternity! How she begged to be with me after your mother murdered my chosen beloved. How the Gamma mustered the courage to murder Malcolm!" He pointed at Liam. Seraphina was taken aback by his words, and her gaze was drawn to a curse mark on Bruce's neck. A Royal curse mark for treason. He seemed familiar now that she looked at him closely.
"D-dominic!" She breathed out. He was her father's Gamma, she remembered!
"Who am I kidding! How would you know what a mate bond is! When she formed the so-called bond you two share!" Dominic's laughter filled their surroundings as Seraphina fell to her knees. Her entire world seemed to come crashing down to her feet. Her Godmother had been using her, she lived miserably for centuries, she kept punishing herself, the person, the bond she was starting to cherish was false too.
"Y-you are lying!" Aiden growled, his eyes widening with uncertainty.
"She couldn't bear the thought of her beloved son and Goddaughter being alone after she accidentally killed his soulmate and I accidentally killed his younger brother and you assassinated your mate. So she made the bond for you! I was opposed at first, but look how happy you are now!"
Seraphina couldn't breathe, her eyes welled up and tears streamed down her cheeks, she couldn't utter a word. She couldn't believe her ears, did he just say she assassinated her own mate? How come she didn't feel anything!
"I don't believe you! No way what I felt for her was fake!" Aiden hollered and knelt in front of her.
"Look at me, love!" He urged her to look at him, but she didn't, so he clutched her shoulder. Her gaze was drawn to him as he snatched away his arms, his eyes wide and his mouth open. Something that was forced into their souls snapped.
"That isn't possible!" He gasped, and she snatched his face in her palms.
"I don't feel anything!" She barely uttered the words as she yanked her hand away and dragged her body away from him.
The spark was gone, the spark they felt every time they were close, every time they touched each other was gone! The desire to be in each other's warmth had faded. As Seraphina and Aiden sat on the grass like stone statues, their beasts drew themselves back into the depths of their barriers.
"Now all I want is for you to ignore your desire to bring peace and for everything to return to normal. You get the throne, I get your control, you get a mate, and the pack is left alone. Or I kill you, the innocent pack members will also suffer and die. I have plenty of time for your decision. So take your time and make your choice." Dominic stood there with his arms crossed.
"Was my life just a play to you?" Her voice was delicate but firm as she spoke.
"I'd always considered her to be my mother figure. I upheld her, I looked up to her for guidance. But it turns out she had been using me all along. You made me believe I slaughtered my parents, you made me loathe my life, you made me think this was a punishment from the Goddess. You used me to conquer everything you desired. And then, as if my life wasn't already miserable enough, you ordered me to assassinate my own mate, that Alpha! I don't even know his name! I don't even remember his face. Then, one day, you decided to add some spice and drama by embedding a fictitious bond! Once in life when I was just beginning to feel something, the desire to live. You had to take everything away from me!" She raised her head, her eyes blazing with fire, rage, the desire to kill, the desire to bathe in the blood of her adversaries.
Dominic's face was contoured with unyielding rage, and the fire boiled inside him as he succumbed to his rage.
"You think I had nothing better to do with my life, that I decided to play with yours! I spent my life serving your father! I've spent my entire life fighting alongside him! Fighting for him! I was on the verge of death countless times! I killed countless enemies! And he exiles me solely because I attempted to murder that demon! The same demon who slaughtered countless innocent lycans and wolves! The demon who murdered my chosen beloved and my unborn child! He wishes to unite Drinealia and Auhesraivia in order to bring about peace! The peace that was won at the expense of my comrades' blood! How dare she think the Lycans would live with those cold hearted demons! And you dare to dream the same thing!" He pulls the sword from its sheath and points it at her
"I'm not going to let any of those Demons live! I began with your grandfather and will end with the last demon alive on the face of the earth! I will avenge my fallen comrades! I will exact vengeance on my beloved and unborn child! And you will aid me in this endeavor! If you decide to oppose, you and the rest of the females, pups, and useless elders will face death!" He growled, and she tilted her head, gradually rising to her feet.
"You took everything away from me. Everything that gave me a reason to look forward to waking up each day, to wish for a new day, another chance. I don't have anything to live for anymore! What much more do I have to lose!" She moved closer to the sword with steady strides.
"Kill me, slaughter the pack, I don't care."
"Seraphina! No!" Aiden hollered in a weak voice.
Dominic's eyes widened as she stood at the edge of the sword's stubby sharp head.
"But what makes you think I'm going to let you live?" She lifted her gaze and murmured,
"Cora! I need you to kill him!" Dominic's eyes widened as Seraphina's eyes went pitch black, her hair began to dance like the wild waves of the sea, and Cora surfaced in Seraphina's place in a flash. He leaped and stepped away from her.
"Kill her!" He yelled, but no one came to his aid, so he frowned and looked around.
"Are you searching for your minions? What a pity! They are all gone!" When he heard the voice, his eyes widened. King Emmerich approached them, Kendrick close behind, his blade free and bathed in blood. Accompanied by the remainder of the squad that was supposed to be dead and two of them carried out Liam. Cora's gaze was drawn to the King as well;
"I saw you die!" Dominic mumbled,
"You thought it would be so easy to kill me! I'm surprised how big of a fool you are!" Emmerich burst out laughing.
"You monsters!" He screamed and drew his sword. Suddenly, he stopped. His eyes grew wide. The sound of flesh tearing apart under the weight of a dagger is heard by all. A shooting pain shot through his back as the dagger was twisted and pushed deeper and deeper into his flesh.
"You lying son of a bitch!"
"Victoria!" They exclaimed! Her eyes were wide and dead, her hair disheveled, and she had heavy bags under her perfect blue eyes. She looked like a heavy storm blew through her.
"You promised I'd get Aiden if I just did what you said! I even killed that mutt Zedan! Now you dispatch an assassin to eliminate me!" She yelled as everyone turned to look at her.
"You bitch!" Dominic growled as he swung his sword. The air around him shifts as Cora lifts her knee and extends her leg, she releases a mighty kick that breaks his shin and throws him across the ground.
"How the tables have turned! What a pity!" Her voice is cold, she says!
"I would love to keep you alive and see you suffer, but I need my heart back!" she says as she approaches him and kneels.
"Heart! Of course! He possessed a piece of Cora's heart! That's why she was always forcing herself out to take it back!" Emmerich exclaimed as Cora's claws tore through Dominic's chest and he howled in anguish. She ripped his heart out, and his body collapsed on the grass. A raucous scream filled the air around them. Mia collapsed to the ground, grabbing her chest! Cora swallowed the heart whole, her eyes turning violet to black. She turned around and in an instant, she was in front of Victoria.
"You irk me!" She said as her claws tore apart her throat and her body fell to the ground bleeding profusely. Her gaze was drawn to Aiden, who was sitting on the ground, watching everything unfold in front of him. He was unable to find words as his world was turned upside down, everything he had ever known was a lie, and everything was gone!
"She was, after all, telling the truth! She did not murder your brother, but he did! I also exacted your vengeance!" As Aiden stared at her with wide eyes, Cora's face contoured with a sadistic smile. Cora relinquished control, pulling herself back into Seraphina's depths as Seraphina fell to her knees.
"Seraphina!" Aiden called out her name but she didn't lift her head.
"Seraphina listen to me!" His voice was desperate as he pleaded softly. She does not respond to him, instead dragging her body on her feet and walking towards the castle.
"Seraphina!" Aiden gets to his feet as well. She trembles on her feet, but Aiden catches her before she falls. She yanks his arms away from her as if they were piercing her skin.
"Don't touch me!" Aiden trembles back in shock as she growls, her eyes wide with rage.
"Please don't touch me!" Aiden's eyes welled up with tears as her voice broke.
"Please, don't do this! I just my everything I don't wish to lose you!" Aiden begged
"I was never yours to begin with. You were never truly mine!" She cocked her chin.
"Please!" Aiden pleaded,
"How can I look at you the same way after knowing you are that man's son who ruined my entire life! Who killed my parents, who forced me to do all of those things! How can I!" She wails, tears streaming down her cheeks. She turns around and begins to walk toward the castle.
"But what was my fault in all of this?" Tears stream down his cheeks as he tumbles to his knees, head bowed. As silent wails jerk his body, he mourns for everything he'd just lost in a matter of hours. He hears someone kneel beside him and wrap their arms around his shoulders.
"Aiden!" Nicholas softly calls his name as he sits there beside his friend.

____________________________

I apologize for playing with your feelings:)
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter ♡
And I really really pray that, all this made sense!!!

Vote

Comment

Share