Chapter 42

"I seek permission to visit my Uncle Lord Alvar in the Kingdom of Drinealia," Nicholas said boldly after a little hesitation. Aiden sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.
"That's not going to happen, Nick. They have prohibited us from entering Drinealia. You would be in serious jeopardy if I let you go."
"I understand, but if I don't leave, the entire kingdom will be in jeopardy. And Lord Alvar has given me his words. He'll assist me in sneaking in and gathering everything we need."
"He may be your uncle, but he is also a Drinealia war chief, don't forget!" Liam exclaimed
"I agree with Liam." Aiden nodded
"I don't!" Eldrid stated
"I believe Nicholas should be allowed to visit Drinealia. He might just find everything we're looking for." Eldrid said this while glancing at Nicholas, and he gave her a small smile.
"No Eldrid. Our Kingdom and Drinealia had long agreed not to trespass on each other's territory. Everyone who went there without permission was then killed. So I'm not going to let him go." Aiden counterpoints
"I never heard of this?" Eldrid was perplexed.
"A female demon was raped and murdered near the border of the Lycanthropy Kingdom, Auhesraivia. She was a Drinealia general's mate. When the former King of Auhesraivia refused to hand over the culprits, the general attacked, sparking a war between the Lycans and Demons. A large number of souls were lost, and they finally agreed to stop fighting with the promise of never trespassing on each other's territory." Eldrid raised her brows as Aiden explained.
"How long ago was this?" She inquired "It doesn't matter; we should get down to business. Nicholas I'm going to reject your proposal. You are not permitted to travel to Drinealia." Aiden stated categorically
"You know me, Aiden. I'm going to leave to look for answers, with or without your permission." Nicholas said smugly, and Aiden sighed.
"Oh yeah?" Aiden got out of his chair.
"This meeting is over. Everyone get to work." Aiden stormed out of the room.
Eldrid, like everyone else, stood up. Victoria approached her after the Beta and Gamma had left.
"I'm not sure why you despise me, but I come in peace. I'm looking forward to working with you, Luna." Victoria bowed her head slightly, still maintaining their eye contact, and turned around to leave the cabin. Eldrid stood there, leaning against the table, staring at the departing woman. Eldrid didn't take her gaze away from the door even after she was out of sight. She straightened up and walked to the door. She came to a halt in the hallway as she was leaving. A mysterious lingering smell near the doors was gradually dissipating. Her gaze wandered around the corridor for a few moments before she left.

That night, she waited for him to return for reasons she doesn't understand. He, on the other hand, did not. After a stroll around the chamber, she succumbed and went to bed. She felt the bed dip and a feather-like kiss on her forehead just as sleep captured her eyes.
This time, the black night wrapped around her like a cloak until she was ready for the dawn. After a long time, she found the blackness to be inviting, allowing her eyes to rest and her dreams to take center stage. It had been a little more than a year since fate had brought her to him. Even though a lot of the nights were serene and warm, the majority of them were cold. In some ways, she is to fault for their coldness. But the storm that was pursuing her continued driving her away from him. She was developing feelings for the Prince, and the depth was perceptible, but she was mostly oblivious of the strange feeling crawling into her heart.
When soft sunlight seeped through the thick curtains, her eyes fluttered open. She could feel his body heat close to her and his soothing scent shrouding them.
"Good morning," he said as he got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. She got up as well, leaning against the headboard. He quickly exited the shower and changed into a navy suit.
"I might be late today. I'm going to visit the council." He said this while buttoning his shirt and draping his navy jacket over his shoulders. She nodded
"Nicholas might leave for Drinealia today. I'm not going to ask you to talk to him, but please check to make sure he has everything he needs before he leaves."
"All right," she said as he stormed out of the room. She frowned, he never went without saying goodbye, what had gotten into him? She pondered.