Chapter 53

An amicable, quiet evening was suddenly shattered by anguish and terror. The violent explosion rattled the entire packhouse, and the Lycan and Wolves who lived there fled in terror. The power had been cut off, and the impact had shattered the majority of the windows. The warriors had already gathered around the packhouse.
"Where is His Highness?" Kendrick, the head warrior, who had been moving around making sure everyone was headed to the safe house, asked another warrior.
"Last I heard, they're all in the conference hall!" He said this with a panicked tonality in his voice. Kendrick looked up at the building and dashed into the packhouse "The impact was on the fourth floor! Let's go!" Nearby warriors followed him into the basement, through the secured door they entered the armory.
"We don't know who attacked or how many there are, so bring as many weapons as you need and arm yourself! Notify the battle regiment and the border guards!" Kendrick ordered while donning tungsten body armor and arming himself with multiple daggers, a sword, and specially made automatic weapons for specially made silver bullets that can pierce through and physically harm any supernatural. A warrior had already suited up and left, and the rest of them were armed and ready.
"Check every floor, and once the building is clear, make sure they make it to the safehouse! Let's go!"

Aiden raised his head as the impact subsided. His gaze searched the floor for Seraphina, but she was nowhere to be found. His eyes fell on her shoes, and he raised his head. Seraphina was frozen in place, her fist clutched, her steely gaze fixed on the burst open windows. Her eyes were colder than glaciers, with no trace of emotion on her face other than the seething rage in her dead eyes, the wild breeze flowing through the window making her scarlet red hair dance to its rhythm, and small wounds of sharp glass embellished her face. She was mesmerizing, a true warrior raring for battle and a queen ready to slay her enemies.

When a droplet of fresh blood fell on his cheek, his brow furrowed in shock, and he was jolted awake. She had a dagger in her left hand, which had been thrown aiming at his head, and she had ceased it. While he was busy staring at her, enthralled by her beauty. He rose to his feet and turned to face the assailant. With a sinister smirk on his face, Malcolm stood in front of the burst opened window. His gaze shifted to Aiden, and daggers appeared out of nowhere and began soaring toward them. But the daggers were stopped before they could reach them by an invisible barrier. Aiden looked to his right and saw Hilda up on her feet, her palms raised on air in front of her.
The dagger in Seraphina's grasp dropped to the floor, and Aiden turned to face her. But she was long gone, barreling with the wind towards Malcolm at lightning speed.
"Seraphina!" He hollered and dashed towards her, but he collided with a wall. He turned around, flummoxed, to see a smirking Malcolm before Seraphina's fist collided with his jaw and they both flew out the window. Teleportation! Malcolm was capable of teleporting anything! He cleverly teleported Aiden away from them before he could reach them! Aiden growled and rushed back to the window,
"Going somewhere?" Aiden came to a halt when he heard the voice. Aiden turned around, and at that precise moment, he was thrown across the room by a mighty blow. "You annoying little lice!" he yelled as he rose to his feet. Aiden's remark made Johan grin.
"Beta! Get out of here and come back to me with an update on our situation. I don't believe he came here by himself!" He gave the order and dashed towards Johan.
"Your chapter comes to an end right here and right now. I don't want to see your irksome face any longer!" Aiden drew his fist back and threw his fist at Johan's jaw with all the force he could muster. He was quick and his punch was powerful; all of his bottled rages were released with that single punch. The punch caught him off guard but Aiden was relentless, he swung around another punch. Johan instinctively blocked the punch and countered with an uppercut, but Aiden ducked and landed a square kick on Johan's ribs. Johan cursed and threw his leg in a kick aimed at Aiden's head, but Aiden was quick on his feet. Aiden took a couple of leaps forward and with a horse kick he threw Johan a few steps forward and when he was turning around to face him, with a roundhouse kick Aiden swung him and Johan crashed with the wall. Aiden moved closer, his fists poised to strike, but Johan countered by kicking him in the abdomen with both legs, followed by an uppercut. Another roundhouse punch was aimed at Aiden's jaw, but Aiden blocked it by ducking and throwing a low kick on his thigh.
That kick caught Johan off guard, and he collapsed to the ground. Aiden pinned Johan on the ground by snagging his left hand and locking his right knee around Johan's neck. Johan wheezed and tried to throw Aiden's leg off, but Aiden was persistent and dislocated Johan's arm with a twist. Johan writhed in pain but he fell silent when Aiden grabbed Johan's head and ripped it apart from his neck. Aiden dashed out of the hall through the ravaged doors, his eyes briefly gazing at the hall.