Chapter 12

Writers POV

The morning sun filtered through the thick curtains, casting a bright hue on the room. She awoke to find herself in an empty bed, cuddling with a pillow. She sat up, relieved to see an empty room with no sign of Prince Aiden. Her relief was short-lived, however, as he emerged from the walk-in closet wearing a white button-down shirt, navy blue pants, and black shoes. His hair was still damp and messy giving him a sexy edge not that she would admit it out loud.

"Come on princess, shower and get dressed," he said, tossing one of his hoodies and shorts at her.

"I don't want to wear your clothes," she glared at him.

"So, what do you want to do?" "Do you want to roam around naked?" He wiggled his brows.

"I would have done so, but I highly doubt His Highness would be able to control himself."

"Don't disobey me, princess. Just take the clothes."

"I don't wish to." She said with determination

"You are testing my limit here, little mate. Do what you are told."

"Of course you have a patience of a kitten after all." The entire room was jolted by a loud growl. In seconds he caged her by the nearest wall

"You dare compare me with a kitten, mate. You will do as I say. I am your Alpha! You dare disobey me."

"For your kind information, I am not one of your dogs that I will wag my tail and lower my head in front of you, you asshole. And you are keeping me captive here without my will. And you think I will obey you! Not happening." She scoffed

"I am your Alpha and you will respect me. You dare talk to me like that. I can make you bow before me and order you to do whatever I want. I will devour you whole if I feel like and you can't do anything about it." He snarled and she shoved him away breaking free from his grips

"Listen here you spoiled brat. Your daddy still holds the Alpha title and the Crown. You are just doing his duties and you are not my Alpha. I didn't even want a mate. I might have thought otherwise but look who Moon Goddess decided to pair me with. With spoiled little arrogant bastard. And respect is earned not asked for."

His eyes glowed a bright golden yellow and his features were stiff. He was shaking incredibly and the veins of his neck were popping out. He let out a thunderous growl and left her in the room and slamming the door shut with a loud thud. Even after he left, she glared at the door. With a frustrated huff, she grabbed the hoodie and disappeared behind the bathroom door. She didn't see the Prince for the rest of the day and she couldn't be happier.

Days passed by, summer left and monsoon arrived and she was trapped within the confines of her bedroom. Maids would bring food three times and occasionally snacks when she asks for and they take away the cutlery once she has finished. Prince Aiden would come to see her several times a day, and they would argue about everything, and he would leave agitated. Aiden would walk into the room in the evening and they would eat dinner while glaring at each other. They would argue about how she didn't want to sleep in the same bed as him, and they would sleep on opposite ends of the bed, facing opposite directions. But in the morning, they'd wake up snuggled up in each other's arms. They start their day arguing about how he should have stayed on his side of the bed.

They couldn't even stay in the same room for five minutes without fighting. Aiden wants to be closer to her, but he can't get past her fiery temper. He'd try to strike up a conversation, and she'd say something hurtful to his ego. Being the Alpha male he is, he would lose his cool and start fighting again. Last night was no exception; they fought and slept on opposite sides of the bed.