18

Noticing how Tsuna's getting headaches, Sei gave a worried look, "Tsunayoshi-san, are you alright?"

Tsuna quickly recovers and gave a nod, "Yes, nothing to be worried." He told.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," Tsuna paused for a while, 'We've already did it until this far, we can't stop now..' He silently thought.

"Should we continue with the Mare ring?" Tsuna offered up.

Sei, although feeling unease since she can see Tsuna's hiding his discomfort, nodded. "Alright."

The two walks closer as they faced each other. The others were watching from afar, since they didn't want to leave first and left Tsuna behind.

Tsuna, with the Sky mare ring on his finger, closed his eyes as he went into a praying position.

Slowly sky flames flared up from the ring as Sei also went into a praying position.

Sei lets out her sky flames as well before the two flames merge into one and envelope the two.

As the two stayed in that state, the others stares at the sight in a bit of awe and mysterious feeling. They can feel the harmony from the two's sky flames, it is a very good feeling.

That was until they all felt a shift.

Sei's Sky pacifier suddenly lit up and Tsuna's other ring, the Vongola ring also litted up. The two gasps from the unexpected thing as they heard a crash from the sky above them.

"What?" Everyone looked up as they all let out gasps too and became alarmed.

Kawahira who saw it also looks surprised, "Did the world, cracked?" He voiced out, confused himself.

"Cracked?"

"Can a world crack?"

"Perhaps because of the Mare ring.." Kawahira trails off.

"Hey! Don't we have to stop the two?" Everyone glanced at the two skies who were floating, eyes still closed, but the two expression shows how they were hurting.

"No! If the transferring is stopped,-"

"But Tsuna's hurting!!"

"That other girl is too!"

Kawahira bit his lip, "Something happened with the Tri-Ni-Sette." He mumbled out. "But what..?"

"ARGH!" Hearing the alarmed scream, their head snaps to where the two skies were. They saw how the sky flames Tsuna lets out were weaken.

"W-What's happening?!"

"Tsuna's flames.." Reborn turns his fedora, "It's weakening."

"But why?"

Slowly, Tsuna's flames flickers, sparking on and off, before it enventually dies out.

Sei's flames also followed and died out, as she slowly fell down to the ground. Kawahira quickly went to catch her to see she's passed out.

"What's happening, Checkerface!"

Kawahira shook his head, "I don't know.." He glanced at Tsuna who's still floating alone, "But the transfer of the Mare ring is mostly completed." He told as he saw the Mare ring on Sei's finger.

"Why is the Tenth still up there?!"

"He still need to close the crack." Kawahira told, glancing at the crack earlier. "But.."

"But what?"

"His soul.." Sei who's wincing in pain started, "It was taken to another world."

"Why?"

Sei, helped by Kawahira to straighten up, "The Tri-Ni-Sette.." She whisper out as the Sky pacifier and Mare ring glows dimly, "They reacted to a wish from their other self."

"A wish?"

"I'm not sure, they won't tell me.." Sei trails off, gazing the two items. Her eyes turn to Tsuna, feeling unease, "Tsunayoshi-san.."

As she said that, another cracking sound was heard, as they looked up, they saw the cracking starts to recovers while Tsuna's sky flames starts sparking again, however, this time, the flames were suddenly suspressed.

"This flame is..-"

As the flames became suspressed, it then blew up and Tsuna fell down.

"H-Hey-" Yamamoto and Gokudera caught the falling brunette, "Tsuna's having a fever..!"

.

.

.

A little bit earlier
A few seconds before the Tri-Ni-Sette shone

Tsuna's 3rd POV

He felt warmth around him. He felt at peace. That was until a sudden flash of pain came to him as his Vongola ring and also Sei's sky pacifier shone.

'The Tri-Ni-Sette..?' He notices how the other two artifacts were activated, as his soul became sepparated from his own body and a crack appears above him and Sei. 'What?'

Suddenly a powerful force cause him to close his eyes and when he found himself opening his eyes again, he was somewhere he didn't know.

"..?!-" He can somehow sense that he isn't in the same world anymore as before. There was clearly fear he can feel from the body he is in.

Before he can think of anything else, he felt something was injected into him and he screamed.

It was hot, his body felt like it's burning. It felt like fire was circulating with his blood now. 'What- what is this..-' He continued to scream and cry, 'It hurts, it hurts-' He shut his eyes close to withstand the pain and with his instinct, his sky flame flared up.

"Hey! Add the dosage more!"

"He can die, if you do that!"

"Who cares?"

'No, stop, stop it. Why am I here? Aren't I supposed to be transferring the Tri-Ni-Sette to Sei-san..?!' He struggles as his sky flames continued to flared up.

"Inject the flames suspressants!"

"Fast, before his flames-"

Another syringe was injected as he wails out, screaming from the pain. 'It hurts, it hurts!!' Tsuna continues to cry out.

"I'm sorry!"

His eyes open wide as he caught his own breath, 'Who..?'

"I'm sorry that I let you suffer..!"

He looks around but found no one, until he realise the time stopped. 'This voice is.. mine?'

"Thanks to you I recovered my memories.. Thank you, and I'm sorry again.."

His eyes slowly felt heavy as he once again felt himself float, outside of his body.

Time slowly starts again as his sky flames stopped flaring and became suspressed. Returning to Tsuna's soul, however, locked.

He felt himself drifted to a dream. An empty space. Everything felt lonely and everything hurts.

When he once again open his eyes, it reveals dull brown eyes.

Meeting with worried eyes of the crowd inside the white room, a hospital room he presumed, he answers to their calling with confusion.

"Who are you all?"

Even his voice was cold.

***

31 October 2021