Chapter 21: Forgiveness

Malcon rested peacefully with his sister in a small bed. He felt a small shaking and pushed it off, lost in dreams about frolicking through fields of fish with Lugi. 

"Malcon..." 

"Yes...I'll take that salmon..."

"Malcon." 

"Oh, and that goldfish...I hear they taste like rainbows....not sure why though..."

"Malcon!"

"NO! NOT THE SHARK!! IT HAS SALMONELLA!"

Liddan slaps Malcon awake. 

"Liddan...oh, are you here for the check?" Malcon muttered, rubbing his eyelids.

"What, no! Wait, am I a waiter in your dream or something?"

"That or my man servant."

"You jerk!" 

'Why'd you wake me up anyway!?!" Malcon muttered out, trying to avoid the conversation.

"Melody...she...sorta sprinted out of here stealing some stuff." Liddan confessed.

"Well, I guess your taste in women isn't all that great..."

"Shut up! It's not like that. I just wanted to help her but it seems like she was playing us--"

"You."

"...she was playing...me...the entire time."

Malcon sits up out of bed, careful not to wake his sister, Psycho.

'Well, where did she go?'

"Out the window." 

"We're on the highest floor...." Malcon said. 

Liddan and Malcon head to the window Melody escaped through.

"Do you think she died?" Malcon asked bluntly.

"I dunno. Who steals a key and a dress and then commits suicide like that."

"Maybe she thought it was a door!" 

"Who places a door two feet above the floor?" Liddan said, pointing to the distance between the floor and the bottom of the window.

"Well WE know that...but maybe she didn't."

"Whatever." Liddan opens up the window. "Fly me down, okay?"

"Aye!" Malcon ignites his wings and grab's Liddan by the back collar of his shirt. He flies him out the window and down to the deep blue sea.

Marigold sat with Lugi in her lap, eating breakfast at the guild hall. Not too far away from her, Sylvie and Laurie were making out. She tried to avoid eye contact, but she'd occasionally glance over and see them exchanging saliva. She'd be somewhat disgusted and make a face.

"Oh, wow...is this new couple syndrome?" 

Marigold turns to Lillian and Esmeralda, who had come to the guild hall from Fairy Hills together. They share greetings and the three sit down together.

"So, you went out with a man?" Esmeralda said, leaning in as curiosity sparked in here eyes.

"Well, I guess you could say that." Marigold said, brushes hair out of her eyes. "I don't really want to be in a relationship right now or anything. I only did it because Sylvie asked me to go on the date with her cuz she was scared."

"I see..." Lillian said rubbing her chin. "Well, if you ever need a hand getting yourself a man. I can be your wing woman!"

"Huh, you're a terrible wing woman. I know from experience..." Marigold said, recalling that time in the forest.