𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐳𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐧

insecure about the age gap

-----

y/n's pov

antoine greizmann's wag - can you believe she's that young?

is antoine greizmann's relationship with y/f/n appropriate?

is y/f/n a sugar baby to antoine greizmann?

how old is y/f/n, compared to antoine greizmann?

who would have thought? antoine greizmann's wag is 7 years younger than him!

view other major news stories here...

i closed down the tab consisting of articles about me and antoine, and how the age gap was 'too big'.

it isn't, is it? i'm 23 and he's 30. there's many other footballers with 10+ year age gaps, so why are they going in at me and antoine?

it makes no sense.

my mind was full of speculations and questions about our relationship: was it really right to be with him, considering how young i am?

these thoughts soon became insecurities, and now i was majorly overthinking if what i was doing was the right thing for me.

i heard the door open and close, indicating that antoine had come back home from his training session with athletico madrid.

"bonjour, amour. how are you?"

"i'm good, you?" i lied, unconvincingly. and i think he knew that i had lied, too.

"are you sure, love? you don't seem... you."

"yeah, yeah, i'm fine. why wouldn't i be?" i was digging myself deeper into this hole, and again, he knew it too.

"darling, if there is something wrong, you know you can tell me, right?"

"okay. i'm worried."

"worried? what about, amour?"

"the age gap. it's all over the news, and it's been the only thing i have thought about all day, basically. apart from seeing you, of course."

he sighed deeply, seeming slightly annoyed. "really? don't worry about it, love. as long as we're happy it doesn't matter, does it?"

i thought about what he had said. he was right, wasn't he? i was worrying about something so small, it truly didn't matter at all.

after all, i'm happy with him, and we're both adults, so it doesn't matter in any way.

"you're right, i was worrying about nothing. i'm sorry,"

"amour, you don't have to apologise for anything. i know why you might be feeling this way, 7 years is by no means 'little' when it comes to age gaps, but we're happy and we love each other. you don't need to worry about it anymore, i promise you."

"thank you, darling. it really means a lot."

i hugged him, softening at his touch. antoine pressed a kiss to my head, and we both stayed like this for a while, grateful for each other's presence.

-----

hope that this is okay!

i love you all so much, c <3