𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐚𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

y/n's pov

today, erling and i were asked to do an interview, at a fitness center. it's a little strange, i know, but that's media duty for you.

we got started with the interview, it went quite smoothly. this is, until he (erling) got asked one question.

"do you miss your family, erling? what about your father?"

erling remained quiet. "just give me a second." he got up and left the room, going to where we dropped our things off.

after a few minutes, he never returned, so i decided to go and check on him.

i saw him, sat on the ground, head in hands, sobbing.

"hey, baby," i started to remove his hands from his face, seeing his red and puffy eyes. he put his face in my neck.

"i miss them. i miss them so much, y/n." erling said, with a shaky voice.

"aww, baby," i rubbed my hand over his back. "i can see why. you've been in germany for so long, and you're still very young. it's understandable. i might have something up my sleeve, but i won't say too much as it can be a bit of a surprise."

he began to feel better, and then we decided to cut the interview short. i talked with erling's coach, to begin my plan of action.

"hey, can i speak with you?"

"sure. what's the problem?"

"it's erling. he really misses his family, and only being twenty, it's a lot for a young person. i was wondering if you could give him a couple of weeks off, so he could be with his family?"

he stood there, thinking for a long time. "yes. we don't have any games, so he can go. tell him the news."

"i will, thank you so much!"

i got home, and erling sat next to me on the sofa.

"you've got a flight to norway tomorrow."

"what? why?"

"you'll see. it's the surprise."

"y/nn! tell me!"

"okay. we're going to see your family."

he jumped up from the sofa. "what! really? no way,"

"yes way."

he gasped, before picking me up and spinning me around, pressing kisses to my face.

"i. love. you. so. much!" he put me down, giving me a kiss, then pulling me into a hug.

"i. love. you. more!"

"i can't believe it, baby. thank you so much!"

time skip to tomorrow

"babe! time to go to the airport!"

"i'm excited, baby. i can't wait to see my family!"

time skip to the landing

his family were waiting for him at the airport. when he got off the plane, he ran over to them, leaving me to carry our bags. i met him, with his dad greeting me.

"y/n! thank you, for letting our son come here. thank you for making it happen." he pulled me into a hug.

"it's alright, mr haaland!"

his mother greeted me next.

"y/n! we've missed you, dear. thank you for surprising erling, he really needed it."

"my pleasure, mrs haaland."

erling came over to me, with tears of happiness streaming down his face. he pulled me into the third hug in twenty seconds.

"you're the best girlfriend ever. one day you'll be a haaland too." he grinned. i blushed, but grinned with him.

we got to his parents house and settled down.

"thank you so much, y/n. i love you," he pressed a kiss to my temple. "i love you lots."

"it's the least i could do, erling. i love you too." i sealed the night with a kiss, before we both drifted off to sleep.

-----

hope this is good enough! willing to rewrite :))

stay safe and sending love, c <3